Using Connect app to turn off charging...strange/ambiguous

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcon

I start the Connect app on my Android phone. The begin screen tells me car is charging...correct.

I use the menu (little 3-bar icon in upper right) and go to "Charge" menu.

It says "Tap below to start charging". And there is a button labeled "Start".

So, what gives?? I would expect the button to say "Stop" if the car is charging and "Start" if the car is not charging. How do i Stop if it is currently charging?

Also - Analogous issue more or less for "climate control". Its already on but only button says "Start" and there is no "Stop" button visible.

Does this actually work for people to start/stop charging? This basically happens all the time, it is not a one-time fluke. I am now "Practicing" to try to see if this app will be useful for me, using phone while standing next to car. So far it is seeming to me to be "screwed up".

Thanks if you can straighten anything out about this.

Heh, thanks for that...got the answer...not possible to "stop charging".

Climate Control also seems very odd. The button says "turn on" even if its already on. So, i can't really tell if its on or not. The way i've found to Turn Off is to use the "turn on" button, and after i use it, it changes to "turn off", and then i can use the "turn off" button to actually turn off. Such an implementation seems rather kludgey, however, such that it does not give me much confidence in this app to do something important, like control a car!

Thanks for the responses!

Back