OpenEVSE support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For elephithead

For some reason I could not respond to your private message.

Sure, send it in. Most repairs are free. I will update the firmware as well.

Glenn Drayer
921 S Sarah Way
Anaheim, CA 92805

I will, Thanks I also don't mind paying for parts at all just let me know when you're done what you needed.

GlennD said:
Mike the forum owner removed my posts. That certainly is his right.

Remember that I support everything I made. Please email me if you have a problem and I will take care of it. Usually just for shipping both ways. So far I have never charged for parts but there is always a first time.[/quote

I am 71 and I find that my body is failing me. I will still support what I made but I do not guarantee the turn around time. It is frustrating to me that I still have my mind but my body is failing.

I am 71 and I find that my body is failing me. I will still support what I made but I do not guarantee the turn around time. It is frustrating to me that I still have my mind but my body is failing.

If it's any reassurance, having both start to pack it in isn't any better. :(

I do not feel any different. Friends tell me that I am not as sharp as I used to be. The major problem I have is with small wires. My father had Parkinson disease. I really hope I do not also have it since there is no cure. I am not sure that I want to know.

I have an OpenEVse unit for repair. It is a unit from hell. I have had problem after problem. Someday I will get it working. Maybe tomorrow.

I delivered my EVSE. The 12V converter shorted and it took the power supply. It did not work with a 25 foof OpenEVSE cable. I measured the capicaty to ground on the L wires and it was excessive. I am currently using a Quick Chaege cable. I sent back one for excessive cap. It checked fine DC wise but it did not work. The replacement works fine.

The EVSE worked with a 32A 20 foot cable but gave bogus error messages with the bad cable. This is a dual voltage unit with two 30A Chinese relays used at 16A.

Measuring the EVSE cables on hand most were around 425 PF on the L cables to ground after subtracting abut 20PF for the test cables The working cable measured 390PF and 440PF.

Back