stop charging & change 80/100% threshold via Carwings app

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

Along the lines of http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14824" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, please add these to the Carwings app:
- ability to stop charging remotely
- ability to change the 80/100% threshold remotely or better yet, provide 90% setting (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or more settings than just 80/100%

For me, my case is my free charging at work. I now am thinking of charging after 4 pm or so, when the charging spots tend to be more opened up (i.e. people have gone home, moved their cars, etc.). At my work, there are at least 35 EVs/PHEVs but only 10 J1772 handles (for L2) + a few 120 volt outlets on the Chargepoint EVSEs.

If I set my car to 80% charge (long-life mode) and plug it in, it'll go to 80% then stop. At that point, if I want to go higher than 80% but not 100%, if I have go downstairs to the parking garage @ work (or outside) to turn on the car and change the setting to 100%. If I end up getting caught up in something at work that makes me stay longer (and can't get down there), my car gets to 100%...

I could leave the car set to charge to 100%, but then there's the above problem, hence the request for stopping charge remotely.

I don't want to muck w/a charging timer each time as the the end time will vary depending on my current SoC, when I started, etc. And, turning it on means I could accidentally leave it on when I don't want it. (I've been bitten by this a few times so my timers are almost never on.)

Nissan is well aware of requests for other max charging % values. It was requested verbally by someone (Jim Stack?) at the Phoenix Leaf meeting w/Andy Palmer and company...

Excellent suggestion... I recently noticed that I can get higher than 80% by Climate control timer... since it goes on half an hour before I leave... the percent soc.. is up around 85 to 90%... and it doesn't sit there for long as we leave within 15 minutes of it ending. Nice to have the inbetween amount.

How about a start timer taking it to 80% and then an end timer taking it to 90 or 100 just before departure.

Definitely looking forward to updates on the LEAF Carwings app. I joined in at the fall 2013 version... so other than some updating awkwardness it has worked well.

Here's how to do it. Set the car to charge to 100%. Set up a timer to be midnite to midnite, 7 days, 80%. When you plug in it will always charge and stop at 80%. Use the app to "start charging" when you decide to go to 100%. You can do this after it stops at 80% or while it's still charging. Either way it will override the timer and go to 100%.

This is how us folks with older cars (before they added the separate setting for 80%/100%) do it and it works perfectly.

They should still add the feature you want.

^^^
I registered just to say that is one of the most awesome 'hacks' I've ever seen!

In my 24kWh 2014 Accenta I always charge to 80% but occasionally want to boost that to 100%. Usually I have to go out to the car, turn it on, change the setting, then unplug and plug back in.

I'm trying the above now - if it works (and it looks like it will) - this is absolute genius!

Back