Leaf Spy User Mistake. Can it be fixed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrustar

I wanted to register tire positions, just to try the function out.

So I turned it on, but didn't adjust my tire pressures as instructed by the app.

The function obviously failed, but it doing so, it turned on my flat/low tire pressure light and my warning light.

This was a week ago. They hav been on ever since, and I can't seem o clear them/turn them off using the Leaf Spy app to Read DTCs and Clear DTCs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and tire pressure is good/equal all around at 40 psi.

I did the same after I discovered the "service" screen while chasing a computer code.. I think you need to put the tires at different pressures, and then drive the car... I will experiment with it on the weekend.

Just set the tire pressures as indicated and redo the process through LeafSpy. The first thing it does is clear the tpms sensors, IFIRC, so your car has no tires, according to the computer. Once you program it'll be all set.

It took less than 1/2 a mile for the car to see my tires. Be sure to set the tire pressures EXACTLY as indicated in LeafSpy. I set the pressures using the TPMS sensors BEFORE I cleared the tires so I could get the PSI correct. If your TPMS sensors and tire gauge are not accurate, it may be very hard to program them using a tire gauge.

Lothsahn said:
It took less than 1/2 a mile for the car to see my tires. Be sure to set the tire pressures EXACTLY as indicated in LeafSpy. I set the pressures using the TPMS sensors BEFORE I cleared the tires so I could get the PSI correct. If your TPMS sensors and tire gauge are not accurate, it may be very hard to program them using a tire gauge.

Like the OP, I too fell into the trap of running the RTP utility with inaccurate tire pressures resulting in dead sensors and an ever-present warning light. I had tried setting the pressures using an analog 'pencil' style gauge. Not recommended. Fortunately, I had a digital gauge I used with a motorcycle I own that saved the day, giving me accurate readings that allowed the utility to complete successfully.

So, don't try this at home kids, unless you have a good tire gauge. :)

In the handful of times I've re-registered my tire-pressure senders with LSP, I've not needed to get very close to the prescribed pressures to have it work. I believe all LSP needs is to see 'reasonable' gaps (2psi+?) between the tire pressures it receives. And of course the order of the tires by pressure needs to match the FL/FR/RR/RL order.

So even though LSP asks for 35/32/29/26, if my theory is correct, something like 42/39/36/33 would also work. I've been meaning to try that.

7UKLKfI.png

Back