Cagro Organizer Installation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awolfe63

Anybody have the installation instructions for the Cargo Organizer? They don't seem to be on the Nissan Accessory web site.

awolfe63 said:
Anybody have the installation instructions for the Cargo Organizer? They don't seem to be on the Nissan Accessory web site.
I'm not sure, but I suspect it just drops into place.

No. I could have figured that out.

It comes with a bag of installation parts. It is similar, but not exactly the same as in the Versa. The Versa instructions involve drilling holes in the car - so I am going to wait for the actual Leaf instructions before I try anything.

If you skip using the hardware to "secure" the organizer to the car, can you just set it into the cargo area, for later easy-removal when needed (like to put in a perambulator)?

I know mine has some 6 inch long bolt that goes into the rear (hatch area) of the car. Want a pic of something? I like mine but not sure what to do with the carpet that came for that area. For now it isn't in the car. I'm also trying to figure out the best spot for the trickle charger because I like having the cargo bays for storing my stuff.

garygid said:
If you skip using the hardware to "secure" the organizer to the car, can you just set it into the cargo area, for later easy-removal when needed (like to put in a perambulator)?

Perambulator? Do you get one of those about 9 months after you put the keg in the back?

Quite possibly, though I think my mom thought it had something to do with hand-holding, especially with girls near my own age. :lol:

Personally, I suspect it has something to do with full frontal ...
kissing! :D

garygid said:

You can - but it slides around a little.

Malcolm and I ended putting six round felt chair leg pads around the edges of the cargo organizer to hold it steady. Malcolm's was factory installed and had the single threaded rod with the black handle on it to screw into the car. He removed that and I never installed the hardware pack.

The felt pads keep it steady, as well as putting a few items in the storage bins like an extension cord and the 120c EVSE....Works good...

Red Randy

awolfe63 said:
garygid said:

You can - but it slides around a little.

Bud: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
awolfe63: Yes, sir.
Bud: Are you listening?
awolfe63: Yes, I am.
Bud: Velcro.
awolfe63: Just how do you mean that, sir?

Meant as in:
Apply the "hooks" to the upper lip, and the "loops" to the lower lip (to keep food from sticking), and ...
close our lips? ?? :lol:

or, apply a short strip under the bottom center?

But the bottom velcro strip's sticky side will not stick to the cargo area's "rug" bottom surface?

Or,
Just put a "hooks" strip on the bottom of the cargo organizer?

The Velcro and the pads both seem like a good idea. Once I put some stuff in it, it pretty much stopped slipping around anyway.

It doesn't quite cover the entire width of the bin - so I'm afraid that if I bolt it in then something will fall underneath from the open holes on either side.

Back