GCC: General Motors reveals two eBikes, running crowdsourcing campaign for brand naming

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/11/20181104-gmebike.html

GM has revealed two connected eBikes—one folding and one compact—without a brand.

GM is asking enthusiasts from around the globe to help name the eBike brand using www.eBikeBrandChallenge.com. The challenge participant responsible for the selected eBike brand name will receive $10,000 and nine other participants responsible for runner-up submissions will each receive $1,000. . . .

Consumers can visit eBikeBrandChallenge.com to submit their ideas through 10 a.m. EST Monday 26 Nov. Winners will be announced early in 2019.
There's a couple of photos, apparently one of each type. I think they look quite nice, although a rack and baskets/panniers would need to be added.

Not terrible. Without any suspension, though, it needs at least an adjustable suspension seatpost. The front wheel folds backwards into the inside bottom of the frame arch? I hope that latch mechanism is VERY strong. Agreed on the need for storage.

LeftieBiker said:
Not terrible. Without any suspension, though, it needs at least an adjustable suspension seatpost. The front wheel folds backwards into the inside bottom of the frame arch? I hope that latch mechanism is VERY strong. Agreed on the need for storage.
There's a better photo of the folded bike here, although I'm still trying to figure out whether it swings sideways or back: https://www.greencarreports.com/new...l-e-bike-looks-for-branding-help-with-contest
Not sure about the need for any suspension, given the (small but) wide and presumably fairly low-pressure tires.

That's a pretty radical fold! Those tires can carry a large adult's weight, or they can provide minimal suspension, but not both. If it uses a standard seat tube, a suspension post can be added by the buyer. Otherwise they should include one.

Back