what other car do you drive?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also drive a new Ford Ecosport. I bought it 2 months ago. Not bad thing, I like it. Firstly it looks brilliantly. Secondly this car is compact and neat to compare with competitive SUVs. Thirdly it costs nearly 10 lakh ($35,000). Not bad.

In addition to the leaf, I have a 20 year old Honda Odyssey that my wife has been driving since we got it new (only about 4,000 miles/ year). My new driver son is driving it to college daily. To replace that, my wife got a new Honda CRV a few months ago.. That one will last her another 20 years..

So, I have everything covered.... Economical Leaf, hauling lumber and whole family (5) in the Ody, and 4WD in the winter with the CRV. I just sold my showroom, 22K miles 2008 Mazda Miata (Power Hardtop) (I didn't really use it much), but I am still crying...

jopickens said:
bearwallowbound.jpg

Love this!

Not your typical EV driver. We're out there!

BTW, what is the overall length & weight of that land train? :)

RonDawg said:
My second car: a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T. I bought her as a 3 year old CPO and it's been my ride on several long distance road trips, for which I still plan on taking her on, like next week's ski trip. She's getting a bit catankerous as the odometer climbs higher, but I can't get rid of her just yet. The Leaf was meant to keep her miles down.

As she will be turning 10 just as my Leaf lease is up, I'm not sure what I'll do then.

Not quite 2 years ago, I sold the Audi. It was time to let go. Lots of fun memories and road trips in that car, and I still miss it, but it was for the best.

Its replacement is a 2017 VW Golf Alltrack. It joined the 2015 eGolf that replaced the Leaf. Yes I now own two recent-model VW Golfs. But at least they're different colors, though I was tempted to get a Silk Blue one, which is almost the same shade as the eGolf's Pacific Blue.

It's basically my "ski" car and my long-distance car for when I need to drive more than about 100 miles, or 150 miles if there's a CCS port available. Its first road trip was to the Sierras, during the snowiest January on record, and the car's AWD was useful. I have another winter road trip planned for it, possibly up to the Canadian Rockies.

Not my actual car, but looks identical to this one, including color (Tornado Red) and rims:

long-term-2017-volkswagen-golf-alltrack.jpg

cwerdna said:
06 Prius

But, it mostly sits. I believe it's moved under 5K miles since I've had a Leaf, which I first got near end of July 2013.
Prius has been sold so now my other car is a '19 Bolt Premier.

Have no ICEVs in my household now.

I drive my housemate's 2013 PIP, but much prefer - in nice weather, anyway - my 2009 Vectrix VX-1 maxi-scooter with Leaf modules. The 2012 or 2013 cells are probably Canary, but I haven't lost much range so they may be very early Wolf chemistry.

2014 Subaru Outback. Used to be the daily driver but will now used primarily for long trips, sometimes towing a boat. Hoping battery prices drop to the point that a 250+ kWh battery pack is affordable and there is plenty of 200+ kW DCFC infrastructure along the major highways before it comes time to replace it. If not, there will be at least one more ICEV in my future.

What a great read!

The LEAF is definitely the primary car, but I still have my end-of-high-school project 1985 4runner.

10400701_28346041147_8633_n.jpg

These days, it's mostly for mowing and plowing, but it gets into the mountains twice/year for little 4wd runs with the youth ham radio club.

It's fun to drive every once in a while, but it gets tiring fast--solid axles, leaf springs, and manual everything (well, it's got a little vac brake assist).

I wish I valued originality more back then. Other than a few helpful changes (like the engine rebuild, new clutch, and suspension), I wish it was more like it was when I got it, including the beige paint with 80's brown and gold stripes. Ah well.

Back