Official Unity One topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via IEVS:
Uniti One Electric Car To Enter Production In 2020
https://insideevs.com/uniti-one-electric-car-production-2020/

New company – Uniti Sweden AB – is developing an all-new electric two-seater Uniti One, which reminds us a little of the Commuter Cars – Tango EV from the past (Wiki).

The Uniti One is envisioned as an affordable city EV, priced from €14,900 (£12,980 / $17,000) with a range of 240 km (149 miles).

Production is expected to begin in 2020 in a “pilot production plant” at Silverstone Park, UK. The site is expected to serve as a template for franchise production model, with many production sites in various countries. Uniti spreads a vision of 50,000 units produced annually in the future.

The production model is to be unveiled in late 2019. Deliveries of pre-ordered cars in northern Europe should begin shortly thereafter.

Pre-orders require €149 deposits and according to Autocar, some 3,000 were already placed. . . .

Uniti One target specifications:

• 240 km (149 miles) of range
    top speed: 130 km/h (81 mph)
    Rear wheel drive, Dual motors output of 120 kW
    26 kWh battery pack, DC fast charging
    25 min from 20-80% on standard charge
    450 kg of curb weight, 900 kg gross weight
Having spent a week driving a Think 2-seat BEV back in '96 or '97, I'm a big fan of small, light 2 seat urban BEVs, whether owned or car-shared. Announced plans are, as usual for such cars, for widespread mass production, but we'll see if they ever get to that stage or even survive to produce any cars. What will likely make such cars mass-market will be when autonomous car-sharing arrives. At the time I drove the Think they were suggesting they'd cost $13-$15k, and I thought then that $10-$12k was needed - not sure that $17k in current dollars is low enough. Smart ED's @ $23.8k are way too expensive.

This one is claiming about twice the range of the Think or Smart, and even if that's WLTP it should be enough for most people's commutes and the majority of intra-regional trips.

Back