Towable Turbine Powered CHAdeMO Charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear to have morphed in to a battery company...

http://www.etvmotors.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

N952JL said:
April 26, 2009 was over four years ago. What has been going on since then? Surely there should be some sort of development in 4 years.

Hi Phil,

Bumping another old thread.

How did you get 30kW continuous power to the inverter? The existing wires do not have enough Ampacity. Did you run additional wire to the inverter or DC-DC j-box?

My alternative to an open source replacement charger (under the hood) would be to add a 20kW range extender/charger.

Thanks,
Rex

Ingineer said:
I tapped the cable from pack to inverter, so that way it was easily removable.

Are you still under a NDA regarding the Leaf? If not, are you able to share privately any of the information?

My interest is to get an aftermarket water-cooled replacement intalled under the hood and remove the OBC in the hump. So the can bus command set for the 3.3kW charger would allow complete compatibily.

Thanks

This is a lot of engineering work. Sorry, but I didn't document my findings in a way I could easily provide. I just don't have the time these days for a one-off project like this, Sorry!

Any info regarding where you purchased the connectors would help. And and info about the can bus protocol/commands would be great.

Back