Lizard Pack Holding Up

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valdemar said:
The 12th bar finally went, it lasted a bit over 50k miles and 29 months after the battery was swapped in March 2016. What is the current thinking, is the Lizard degradation curve less steep overall or the perceived slower initial degradation rate is simply due to a larger top-end buffer and once that's gone it is more or less the same downhill ride as the original pack? Given I observed almost no degradation during the first 6 months on the new battery I tend to think it is the latter.

I kind of thought the same thing (big top-end buffer masking degradation)...until my degradation came to a screeching halt after I dropped my first bar. I've been "stuck" at ~54 Ahr since way back in the Spring, and we definitely had a hot summer here in Texas. In addition, I'm now many months (almost a full year) past a similar point on my original battery (albeit with a few less miles).
It will be interesting to see if you have a similar experience now that you've dropped your first bar.

Stanton said:
Valdemar said:
The 12th bar finally went, it lasted a bit over 50k miles and 29 months after the battery was swapped in March 2016. What is the current thinking, is the Lizard degradation curve less steep overall or the perceived slower initial degradation rate is simply due to a larger top-end buffer and once that's gone it is more or less the same downhill ride as the original pack? Given I observed almost no degradation during the first 6 months on the new battery I tend to think it is the latter.

I kind of thought the same thing (big top-end buffer masking degradation)...until my degradation came to a screeching halt after I dropped my first bar. I've been "stuck" at ~54 Ahr since way back in the Spring, and we definitely had a hot summer here in Texas. In addition, I'm now many months (almost a full year) past a similar point on my original battery (albeit with a few less miles).
It will be interesting to see if you have a similar experience now that you've dropped your first bar.

Interesting indeed, maybe it is as good as promised after all. Barring any unexpected events I plan to keep the car for several more years, so there hopefully will be more data to chew on.

My situation is similar to Valdemar’s. Dropped the 12th capacity bar on August 31st with 56k miles over 34 months. We’ll see how it goes.

91040 said:
My situation is similar to Valdemar’s. Dropped the 12th capacity bar on August 31st with 56k miles over 34 months. We’ll see how it goes.

Seems you got a bit more time, but not as much more mileage, on the 1st bar as your battery was replaced before the winter vs. mine before the summer, so yes very similar indeed given the same climate. Mine was charged to 100% daily for the most part, but usually driven soon after the charge was complete to avoid sitting at high SOC.

I've got a 2011 SV white model with battery replaced 4/16 car stats are as follows

74k miles
AHr 55.7
SOH 86.68%
Hx 77.89%

I have all 12 bars and 70-80 miles at 80% charge is doable. Its the SV so no fast charging, suspect thats helped with battery life. I really like the lizard pack much more than the original. Car seems to be holding battery capacity pretty well with 74-53 = 21k miles on pack.

Car is for sale in So Cal asking $5500.

Steve

I have a 2011 with a new pack early 2016. If I recall correctly, the first pack was replaced at 46k miles. I bought the car April 2018 with 61k miles. The car now has nearly 83k miles.

SOH - hovers around 88.5%
Ah - 56.5
Hx - 81%

That seems pretty good for a pack with nearly 40k miles and over 3 years. I charge to 80% every evening and go to 100% if I need the extra range (pretty often). I limit level 2 charging when the battery temp nears 95 degrees. I never quick charge in summertime, because it really spikes battery temp.

Jurgen

glad to see feedback with data for this topic. my stats are in my signature. Lizard performance seems to be more than just bigger top-end margin.

Marktm said:
I've posted this on other threads, but seems appropriate for this:

Back