2018 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SQP

any one know when a 2018 is available to a dealer ie to buy one??

I just got this e-mail saying it is available now to purchase - delivery date is unclear.

Exciting news... The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF®* is now on sale. Get yours and experience a whole new way to drive with available ProPILOT Assist,1 standard e-Pedal2 and standard Automatic Emergency Braking.3 Please contact your local Nissan dealer for delivery timing. It's the world's best-selling electric car4 and it's simply amazing.

There are too many topics on this already. Mods, please merge this into one.

As of 1/23/18 you can order a 2018 leaf. Dealers expect to have some in stock by the end of February.

LeftieBiker said:
There are too many topics on this already. Mods, please merge this into one.
Agreed. We even have an entire section devoted to the 2018 Leaf or "gen 2" at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=55. And, the title of this post isn't descriptive either.

sorry I disturbed your universe - try to have a good day

Not one of those "5 cool features" that Byton has in it's concept car is something I think a Tesla needs.

Imagine a screen that is almost 3.3 feet wide. That would certainly give the Tesla owners a much better user experience.
How is that a much better user experience? Does it make driving the car easier?
4. Hand Gesture Control
What if you could control your screen by remotely swiping your fingers over it.
I think voice control is a better approach. Tesla's is already excellent and the upcoming OTA updateto the 3 to allow everything to be voice controlled is likely going to top waving my hands around the car.
5. Smart Watch Customization
In the future Byton wants to connect the hand gesture control to smart watch so that when the driver enters the car the system can throw your vitals up on the screen.
Uh, why?

Tesla has a cool feature that Byton should continue to work to mimic. It builds and sells production cars.

BTW, here is a link to the (newly available) "2018 LEAF Owner's Manual" : https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2018/2018-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf

jlv said:
Not one of those "5 cool features" that Byton has in it's concept car is something I think a Tesla needs.

Imagine a screen that is almost 3.3 feet wide. That would certainly give the Tesla owners a much better user experience.
How is that a much better user experience? Does it make driving the car easier?
4. Hand Gesture Control
What if you could control your screen by remotely swiping your fingers over it.
I think voice control is a better approach. Tesla's is already excellent and the upcoming OTA updateto the 3 to allow everything to be voice controlled is likely going to top waving my hands around the car.
5. Smart Watch Customization
In the future Byton wants to connect the hand gesture control to smart watch so that when the driver enters the car the system can throw your vitals up on the screen.
Uh, why?

Tesla has a cool feature that Byton should continue to work to mimic. It builds and sells production cars.

The biggest issue I have with the Model 3 is having to do everything in the car through the tablet. Voice may be better, but I guess I'm old school where I would rather flip a switch to turn on my wipers instead of having to say something like "Tesla, turn on my wipers" or "Open my glove box" or "Turn on the air conditioner - no, it's too cold, make it warmer. Now it's too warm, turn it down" or whatever. I think there is a fine line between innovation and simply making something needlessly complicated. About the only negative I'm hearing about the Model 3 (outside of the reported problems people are having already) is the tablet. If it had the same system like the S or X had, I'd be on board with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back