First Fresno LEAF delivered

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy3

I received my LEAF yesterday. It sat at the dealership for a few days while I was out of town. They had it out front, locked, with a big "sold" sign on it.

The dealer experience (Nissan of Clovis) went fine. I came in with credit union check in hand and we took off on a test drive with the salesman. This was the longest test drive I've ever taken in a new car. We went from Clovis to Prather so that we could check it out better in the foothills. The drive was fun, easy and educational. It does fine on the twisties, taking several of them 15+ miles over limit. We learned that we really can't trust the "miles remaining" numbers unless you're driving steady with no hills. We started with 88 miles remaining, ended with 39, but it jumped all over the place in the foothills.

I didn't order floor mats, but it came with them anyway. I'm a little upset about this because I can look at the my leaf website and see that they were not requested. The dealer didn't adjust the price or volunteer to remove them. Instead, I'll complain to Nissan.

I drove it around Fresno for another hour or so doing errands and enjoyed the ride. It will definitely fit our local needs.

Congrats Randy,

The floormats thing seems common. I had the same issue. I liked them so not a real problem. But it seems they pre-equipped all the first batch with them. Perhaps a little early adopter gouging. I would have rather they added the mudguards which I now want and can't get.

Did Clovis have chargers available for public use? They are not on my list yet but want to verify anyone can charge there.

Regarding floor mats: are there two different types ? Standard and "upgrade" (at accessory cost) ?

If they are all the same ... then those that actually ordered them should get a REFUND !

Unless you got a "we owe" from the dealer, Nissan will probably do very little. The time of purchase was to mention to them that you didn't order floormats and you won't pay for them. Why didn't you ask the dealer to remove the charge?

EVNation said:
Congrats Randy,

Did Clovis have chargers available for public use? They are not on my list yet but want to verify anyone can charge there.

Chargers in Clovis - Yes, there is a "free to use for all LEAF's" charger in the customer parking area and another one outside the service area. They are Level 2 chargers. After my 50 mile test drive we charged the LEAF for an hour or so when doing paperwork. The gauge went up one notch.

BTW, Lithia Nissan in Fresno has a L3/QC charger available. They showed it off on a local news show.

Did I misunderstand ? (Probably.) You did NOT order them, you did NOT want them, they were already installed, they refused to remove them (for their inventory), and they charged you money for them ? (How much?)

Randy3 said:
I didn't order floor mats, but it came with them anyway. I'm a little upset about this because I can look at the my leaf website and see that they were not requested. The dealer didn't adjust the price or volunteer to remove them. Instead, I'll complain to Nissan.
Are you saying the dealer made you pay more than the negotiated price in the RAQ? Or were the mats free?
I will not accept my Leaf unless it is perfectly as I ordered. I certainly will not pay extra for an accessory I did not ask for.

BTW, Lithia Nissan in Fresno has a L3/QC charger available. They showed it off on a local news show.[/quote]

Are you sure of this? i haven't heard of any L3 chargers in CA except Vacaville-still not open to public?

Thanks for the report, Randy! This is getting close to home now. First LEAF in this area :)
Good to know it handles the curves well. Let us know when you make the first trip to Shaver Lake on electric power!

BTW, if I was given free floor mats that I didn't ask for, I wouldn't complain about it ;) If you don't want them, you don't have to use them.

Standard is NO floor mats, just the "rug" covering the floor area.

Observing the "rug" at the Anaheim test drive, it was already "fuzzing up" noticably where a driver's heel would rest. So, it seemed to me that the rugs were NOT very sturdy, and that some form of rug-protection would be necessary to avoid rug damage.

Later test drives had heavy-duty clear plastic "carpet runner" installed.

Still, did the dealer charge you an extra $170 for the mats?

Congratulations, Randy. I hope to get the second Leaf.

Saw a news clip on channel 30 this morning, the Nissan dealer in Visalia has a charger that they touted was available to any EV. It looks like the L2 lollipop.

You might look on e-Bay for some deals on LEAF accessories, saw a thread on this site about it.

If you get down to the Tower district, I'll introduce you to a few EV owners. Pmail me for contact information.

-Harry Houck

On purchasing my LEAF, I had one complaint - I didn't order floormats, but the car came with them and I was made to pay for them. Until now. A senior Nissan USA person called me for feedback on the purchasing and waiting process. I told him about the floormat issue (among other things). Well, a $170 check was overnighted to me after that conversation.

Thank you, kind Nissan exec -- and I love the car!

Randy3 said:
On purchasing my LEAF, I had one complaint - I didn't order floormats, but the car came with them and I was made to pay for them. Until now. A senior Nissan USA person called me for feedback on the purchasing and waiting process. I told him about the floormat issue (among other things). Well, a $170 check was overnighted to me after that conversation.

Thank you, kind Nissan exec -- and I love the car!

That's a great gesture on Nissan's part, that was is a typical dealer play as well.

Back