The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rokeby said:
Thanks Boomer.

Out here in Tier two, we haven't seen, nevertheless heard, a LEAF.

Except for the back-up beep, sounds just like the Tesla I have seen/heard,
up close... but maybe without some of the Zoom-Zoom. ;)

For the record, is the back-up beep inside the car, like the Prius, or outside?

Hi Rokeby, nice to hear from you. The beep is outside the car. It is intended to let pedestrians know that you are backing up. We have a Prius and I've never completely understood why Toyota saw fit to remind the driver and passengers, but not the pedestrians, of the same fact.

Boomer...

The video files on your blog are a bit Foxtrotted on my screen. Perhaps it's because I'm on a Mac? Either way, they don't seem to want to play for me. :evil:

edit: I found a way to make them play. The "Play" button was offset by an inch or so....(weird). I had to hunt around with the mouse until I found where the play button 'thought' it was. Thanks for posting them!!!

Jimmydreams said:
Boomer...

The video files on your blog are a bit Foxtrotted on my screen. Perhaps it's because I'm on a Mac? Either way, they don't seem to want to play for me. :evil:

edit: I found a way to make them play. The "Play" button was offset by an inch or so....(weird). I had to hunt around with the mouse until I found where the play button 'thought' it was. Thanks for posting them!!!

Hmm, my wife uses a Mac. I'll have to check on hers. She regularly views videos on Blogspot blogs from our kids, so I doubt that it's just a Mac thing.

Glad you found a way to view them. :)

The 3.3 kW charger description is probably a "nominal" value derived from 220v x 15A = 3300 watts (3.3 kW).

When the charger is fed 240v, and it still regulates itself to draw 15 amps, it uses more power: 240 x 15 = 3600 watts, just 140 watts short of what you measured.

If we assume that the charger was actually drawing 15.5 amps, then 240 x 15.5 = 3720 watts.

If your voltage was actually 242 volts, 242 x 15.5 => 3750 watts.

And, recall that the "active" AV EVSE might be using some few watts, and that the TED measurement errors (and your current-splitting) might add make your 3740 watt "reading" not exactly correct.

Darren said:
What do you attribute the difference in the posted $379 lease rate and your $409.61 payment? Is that solely your increase from 12k annual miles to 15k? You state you got $1k off MSRP, if the $379 is based on MSRP, shouldn't yours be less than that + only the miles premium Did you have a lot of accessories or did the dealer hit you with extra fees? Did they subtract your $99 reservation fee?

I understand that taxes is what brought it from $409 to $445, but I am just trying to follow what got you to $409.

Thanks.

I think the miles premium added only $10 a month. The accessories I got were the Quick Charge port ($700) and Floor Mats ($170). That is almost a wash with buying it for $1000 under MSRP. I believe all the fees are listed in my updated post.
Anyone else have ideas?

omkar said:
I think the miles premium added only $10 a month. The accessories I got were the Quick Charge port ($700) and Floor Mats ($170). That is almost a wash with buying it for $1000 under MSRP. I believe all the fees are listed in my updated post.
Anyone else have ideas?
How did they get to that price ? Otherwise it looks ok.

So, do you pay roughly $25,000 (before tax credit) to lease the LEAF for 3 years?

Then, another $15,500 + tax => about $17,000 if you buy it at lease end?

Or, you pay the Disposal fee if you do not buy it?

Thus, a total of approx. $25k + $17k => about $42,000 if you buy it for cash after the lease?

I suppose that is only about $4000 more than if you initially bought it for cash, right?

garygid said:
Right, that's why I explicitly wrote "BEFORE TAX CREDIT", right?
Oh ... didn't read that correctly ...

BTW, one other way to calculate it is by adding the interest, tax on the interest and the acquisition fee.

garygid said:
So, do you pay roughly $25,000 (before tax credit) to lease the LEAF for 3 years?

Then, another $15,500 + tax => about $17,000 if you buy it at lease end?

Or, you pay the Disposal fee if you do not buy it?

Thus, a total of approx. $25k + $17k => about $42,000 if you buy it for cash after the lease?

I suppose that is only about $4000 more than if you initially bought it for cash, right?
Gary if you lease at $440 per mo 36 mo $15,840+$17,000=$32,840

But that includes interest and is not bad since I will not get all the credit.

omkar said:
We leased the Leaf for 36 months (15,000 miles/year). We put $2000 down and the payments are $445.23/month. I'll try to get a scan up of the numbers (there are a lot of them).

4 hours - I don't understand why. It wasn't like we were negotiating on price lol.. A little bit of time was with the reporter, a little bit getting the features explained to us (he had a checklist to go through), a little bit on the test drive, a little bit signing papers.. But we spent way too much time twiddling our thumbs. My wife actually left to try to go pick up some food and bring it back.

UPDATE: Below are the numbers. They are specific for my situation but I think they should be still be helpful to others
[*] MSRP=$35410 Price I paid=$34410
[*] $2000 down payment + $7500 credit = $9500 that is listed
[*] Residual of 44% of MSRP is based on 15k miles/year and 36 month lease
[*] The interest rate was 4.9% (Money factor of ~.00204)

2j3194n.jpg

I still don't get where the $379 a month deal is. Was that available? You're paying $40 more a month than what is advertised and I am pretty sure I remember the advertised $379 lease price included 15K miles a year.

I am an "NHL" (Never Have Leased) person, and only rarely purchased a new car (1965 and 2009), and even then, only for saved-up cash.

So, I am still trying to sort out all of these "BIG" (for me) purchase options and decisions. But, being from UC Berkeley, I really WANT to be a part of this "revolution".

So, I appreciate all the details and suggestions from this splendid Forum.

AZMerf said:
I still don't get where the $379 a month deal is. Was that available? You're paying $40 more a month than what is advertised and I am pretty sure I remember the advertised $379 lease price included 15K miles a year.

The $379 does not take into account a lot of variables. The $379 is a base lease using the MSPR with someone with the best credit leasing a car with no options, and doesn't include sales tax as well as a bunch of other things discussed previously in this thread.

Many things will determine the "advertised" monthly payment.

Credit score, down payment, options, state and local taxes, length of lease, annual mile allowance, dealer price and other reasons.

Back