2013 SV Fog Light Addition

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjskazu

Folks;
My searches didn't find any easy to find topic for adding after market/OEM fog lights to a Leaf SV with none. Does anyone have knowledge of resources to do this? I would prefer OEM as I have a certified pre-owned 2013 Leaf SV.
Thank you
gjskazu

I don't see any answers to your query and I am interested to find out if you learned anything since posting it. I just bought a 2015 Leaf without fog lights and I am thinking of adding them. The dealer wanted about $550 for lights and brackets, not including wiring harness and switch (or tax or labor). So I am looking at aftermarket alternatives.

The last 2 miles of my commute is on a windy road with hairpin turns and no markings on the pavement under a tree canopy in pitch blackness. I find that the headlights are almost useless around those sharp turns and need some side lighting. I don't care if they are LED/halogen/or Xenon since they will only be used for brief durations; I just want lots of light. I would like to find some tips on what to buy and installation notes from someone who has done it. Did you find anything out?

I just had an issue with a 2013 fog light bracket that I was able to fix after looking at the official Nissan car parts site. The site breaks things down into components and allows you to order them. I think you'll find the parts aren't that expensive and the installation looks fairly straight forward. You can check the Portland Leaf Owner FB page for my posting to give you a head start.

Wasn't there some option package that included fog lights on a 2013 SV? I ask because I'm looking at a used 2013 and I think it's an SV but it has fog lights. It also has the Bose stereo (obvious) and what look like LED headlights.

goldbrick said:
Wasn't there some option package that included fog lights on a 2013 SV? I ask because I'm looking at a used 2013 and I think it's an SV but it has fog lights. It also has the Bose stereo (obvious) and what look like LED headlights.

The Charge Package included the "fog" lights. This means that a 2013 SV (and S, IIRC) that has those lights will likely also have QC.

LeftieBiker said:
goldbrick said:

The Charge Package included the "fog" lights. This means that a 2013 SV (and S, IIRC) that has those lights will likely also have QC.

Almost positive: In the USA, no S models ever came with fogs or LED headlights. That was simply not an option.

In the 2013-15 SVs, the QC Package (optional) included the LEDs & halogen fogs.

For 2016-17 SVs, the LED & fogs were not even available as an option; however, they all had QC standard.

Interesting note: In 2017, the SV lost the auto-dimming rear view mirror (which was standard on the '16 SV, not sure about the S).

LeftieBiker said:
Thanks for the clarification. Do you have a link to the S option packages for that era? Cwerdna does, I think.

Yes, I have all the eBrochures for 2012 LEAFs, up to 2019 (the 2020 wasn't available as of a week ago when I checked). Search for "[model year] Nissan LEAF eBrochure."

Here is one of the links:
https://www.slideshare.net/byerly/2013-nissan-leaf-brochure-at-byerly-nissan-louisville-ky-contact-patrick-williams-at-5024246425

Back