Drive Across the USA with a LEAF and Plant a Tree every 250 Miles!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NegativeCarbon said:
Seriously, cwerdna? You were going to pledge to the campaign? Great, since the project was due to end two weeks ago. "The check's in the mail..."
Yes on the 1st. Didn't know about the 2nd. I figured it was ongoing until you hit the 48 states and/or made it back home, and thus donations could come until that point, or even afterward.
NegativeCarbon said:
You contradict yourself at every turn.
No idea what you mean.
NegativeCarbon said:
probably your car just doesn't have the juice that mine does.
Correct.

The Hx and SOH of the '13 Leaf I turned in at the 2 year mark and the ~31 month old '13 Leaf I own now are lower than yours. I posted stats from July 2015 of them at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=431208#p431208.
TomT said:
Clearly he needs someone who understands marketing...
Indeed. Attack the people who'd been following you and also it seems, conflate opinions and posts of others w/mine and and pin them mostly on me.

Wow, NegativeCarbon. You could have handled yourself a little better. You just made yourself look bad with your few posts here.

Towards the beginning to middle of your trip I really wanted to donate but with the lack of updates I didn't think it was worth it to read a short blog once a week or less when it was promised to update frequently. I had imagined reading something every day or at least every other day. It only got worse with around 2-3 updates per month. (10/27, 11/8, 11/19, 12/10) With all of the time needed to charge, I thought it would be perfect to blog.
NegativeCarbon said:
You're going to ride me? Complain about what I HAVEN'T done when you have not even the slightest idea what I HAVE done?
Yes. We don't know what you've done because it's not on the blog like you said it would be.

I just want to say that I think it's great you drove your LEAF across the country for whatever reason I don't really care. I bet it was quite the adventure and I bet you had a ton of fun doing it, it is quite the accomplishment to say the least. Maybe I'll have the funding and the balls to try it myself one day.

The final tally:

*802.8 miles in 29 hours, 59 minutes

Best 24 hour (or less) stretch: Bellingham, WA to Klamath, CA--650.2 miles in 23 hours, 28 minutes.

Canada to California in 23 hours, 45 minutes.

Max pack temperature: 10 bars, ~125°F

Ambient temperature throughout Washington and inland Oregon last night: 21-30°F in most areas.

Two pack balancing delays (and sleep! smile emoticon en route.

Road trip odometer: 27,380.0 miles on day 132. (~207.4 miles per day average)

Total odometer: 55,525.

Now I let the battery cool and balance while AthEVna and I take a bit of rest.

https://www.facebook.com/TheNegativeCarbonUSRoadTrip/…

I had a great time with Brian today! Captain Planet and I participated in planting a tree with him in Scottsdale Az. We met at EV meeting held at SRP (local utility company). We continued on (loosing Captain Planet to other obligations) and later went for a pizza in Gilbert AZ.

We met up again with Bruce from GOE3 (local company supplying charging stations) and had some great conversation as well as pizza. We had such a good time, that we delayed his plans of making it to Tucson for the night, and Bruce graciously invited him to stay over.

Of course, we had yacked up until 10:30 and then I parted ways with them as they made their way to Bruce's home for the night. I enjoyed their companionship today and being immersed in the conversation of making things better for everyone and EV's being at the center of these discussions. Good luck to all of us who participate in the crusade, and let's celebrate the unique ways in which we all contribute.

Edit: He gave me his card at 29,456 miles!

I think by pack balancing he means he charged on 120V and left it on for 12 hours.

12400837_1744374015792663_3318477312292261843_n.jpg

535273_1744374209125977_8513449865226226846_n.jpg

LeafMuranoDriver said:
Those stats are almost unbelievable. It's amazing the car & battery are doing so well. This proves that driving it A LOT is good for it.
Well maybe not "proves," but sure is significant evidence that can't be ignored.....

He has three bad cells in his battery he claims and needs replacement. But I didn't dig into it with him if they are weak cells or actually bad cells. He did pose the question of cell replacement to a Nissan rep that we were meeting with. The Rep told him that they are not repairing batteries. I questioned that one noting that I have talked to a Nissan Battery Tech and also a customer who had a repair within the last calendar year. Maybe NOW it is possible they are adopting that strategy.

jpadc said:
Evoforce said:
He has three bad cells in his battery he claims and needs replacement.
He has three bad cells and Ahrs > 66 and 100% SOH???? Where do I sign up for that?

Not having looked at his stats personally, I assumed he knew what he was talking about without question. I had no reason to doubt his belief that his battery has three bad cells nor did the Nissan Corporate Executive whom we were talking with. What he bases his belief upon was not presented to me.

Brian Kent hits 71,000 miles in a 2013 S and loses 3 bar in one shot!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheNegativeCarbonUSRoadTrip/photos/a.1694626550767410.1073741835.1687080788188653/1759492987614099/?type=3

I'm confused by his comment "Tricked you, Jerry". And looking closely at the picture, it looks like he blacked out at least one of the bars. Is he playing games, or did he really lose three bars?

GetOffYourGas said:
I'm confused by his comment "Tricked you, Jerry". And looking closely at the picture, it looks like he blacked out at least one of the bars. Is he playing games, or did he really lose three bars?
I'm guessing neither. I'd say he took a pic of someone elses dash just to play a joke on a friend. His car probably doesn't have those miles or bars.

dhanson865 said:
GetOffYourGas said:
I'm guessing neither. I'd say he took a pic of someone elses dash just to play a joke on a friend. His car probably doesn't have those miles or bars.
Yep on the bolded part. Brian was driving a 2013 Leaf S w/CHAdeMO inlet which means it would have the 6.x kW OBC.

A car w/6.x kW OBC would have 3 lines on that screen of the dash display. Example (I've posted about this a bunch of times like at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=14685 and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=445232#p445232):
240V 6kW: 0:30
240V 3kW: 0:50
120V: 7:30

dhanson865 said:
GetOffYourGas said:

yep, a joke no doubt but I think he is close if not approaching the mileage anyway... he had a ton when he was up here

Albion man breaks world record for trip in electric car
Nearly 35,000 miles and counting for Brian Kent

For nearly six months Brian Kent has been travelling the country, spreading a message that electric cars are reliable long-range vehicles.

Since he left Albion on Aug. 24, Kent has driven a 2013 Nissan LEAF nearly 35,000 miles. He was at 34,260 miles on Thursday when he was in South Lake, Texas.

When he left Albion in late August, Kent intended a 100-day trip that would cover 26,000 miles. He wanted to drive through 48 states (all but Alaska and Hawaii).

Kent scrapped the plan, preferring not to stick to a strict schedule. He estimates he has talked with more than 2,000 people on the trip, often when he is charging his car.

http://www.orleanshub.com/news2016/Albion-man-breaks-world-record-for-trip-in-electric-car.htm

negcarb.jpg

#NegCarbRoadTrip #NegativeCarbonRoadTrip #DriveElectric #EFFOIL #KOCHbrothers #KICKGAS #GASSUX #NoMOREoil #NissanLEAF #NOfracking #FrackNoMore #FRACKING #TeslaMotors #BMWi

Back