SD UNLOCK NG on navigation screen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you can get into the menu system the upgrade is now available for $179

http://tinyurl.com/bpja5op" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am stuck much like the original poster in this thread, will call Nissan and try to get the confirmation code that is needed. It is a big flaw to create a combined nav, radio, clima display that rely on a SD card.

instructions

geos56us said:
I received my new card today and it works like a charm. I ordered it from Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX. But for those of you who are interested, I noticed tonight that the 2013 update is now available for our cars! Check out nissannavigation.com. My timing was off about a week! Oh well, I'm just happy I can now play the radio, use the nav system, check energy usage, etc. I'm lovin' the car and have put about 900 miles on it in the month that I've had it!

I called [email protected] Chris Cantrel at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson and he is able to get this taken care of no problem, at a cost of just under $300. His number is (866) 736-7544.

Hello for avery one.
is there any news on "SD UNLOCK NG on navigation screen" ???

Maybe someone hacked Navi SD card?

Bringing an old topic back from the dead. ;)
Now that it is mid-2015 and info. is out on the 2017 Leaf's 180 mile range, the price has dropped on the used Leafs to the point where I can finally afford one. Amazed at how many pics of the Leafs I am researching show the dreaded "No SD Card" on the screen. From what I have read here, it seems this is no big issue (so please correct me if I am wrong). Either the dealer has it somewhere for safe keeping, and if not, they will need to drop the price $300-$400 to cover the cost of a new one.
Hoping to be the proud owner of a 2013 SV or SL this month (with or without an SD card).
So glad I found this forum with all this useful information. Hoping at one point I will contribute more than just kicking an old thread. ;)

jamesh said:
Now that it is mid-2015 and info. is out on the 2017 Leaf's 180 mile range
Source? On what test?

You do realize that the '13+ Leaf "124 mile" range :roll:, right? (See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13264&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.) And, all Leafs from the beginning until now are "100 mile" range cars... :roll:

Since this thread got resurrected, here is what I found when I was looking at this... some of this has been said, and some hasn't.
If you go to http://nissan.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Leaf_2012/NISSAN-LEAF-2014-MAP-UPDATE-zidev_master_variation/en_US/NissanNA/USD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can buy the SD cards for $179 yourself. You need three things:
Unit Code: This is what shows up as "SET" on the "NO SD CARD" screen
Serial Number: This is "SNO" (hence the name: S for Serial, and NO for Number)
Confirmation Code: This is the one that no one seems to know how to derive from the "NO SD CARD" screen. NAVI-1 doesn't seem to share the same format as the Confirmation Code field (it might be the most recently loaded Program Version?), so that's where there's a problem. With more data, we might find that the confirmation code is just a checksum of the other two so that you don't accidentally typo the others and get pissed off when you get a card that's not for your LEAF. However, I only have the data from my own LEAF, and it's hard to derive the algorithm from one sample. I haven't tried removing my SD card to verify these things -- I should get around to it one of these days.

EDIT: Confirmed that my "NO SD CARD" screen shows the same thing as my Navigation Version screen for everything but the Confirmation Code, and that NAVI-1 is the same as Program Version. So we just need to figure out what the Confirmation Code algorithm is, and then you can just order the cards directly from the update site. (Maybe someone should call them up and ask if you even really need to provide the confirmation code, or if they can sell you the update with just the other two pieces of info?)

cwerdna said:
jamesh said:
Source? On what test?

Google is your friend:http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ssans-next-evs-more-mainstream-better-battery

And if this means a "real world" range of 130 to 150 miles, I will be pretty damn pleased as that would meet all of my driving needs for 361 days of the year (minus one yearly 300 mile trip). My plan is to purchase a used 2013 this month, drive it up to five years, and then purchase a used 2017 or 18. I am sure the prices on those will drop because the batteries will keep getting better and 'hopefully' there will be more than just token competition.

I ended up calling three dealerships today (one Nissan and two Used car...) and all said that they actually had the SD cards for their advertised cars and no Leaf is sold (by any dealership) without it, so if anyone happens to be looking at the great deals available and sees "No SD Card", do not let that scare you off (but still double check with the seller...I know, duh!).

jamesh said:
cwerdna said:
jamesh said:
Source? On what test?

Google is your friend:http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ssans-next-evs-more-mainstream-better-battery

And if this means a "real world" range of 130 to 150 miles, .
That was from a over a year ago and was definitely not a promise of anything. And, Andy Palmer went to Aston Martin later that year (https://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/live/news/2014/09/02/andrew-palmer-is-the-new-ceo-of-aston-martin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

To date, Nissan has announced NOTHING on the official ranges or battery capacity of ANY future Leafs. They wouldn't even comment on the 30 kWh battery '16 Leaf news: http://insideevs.com/2016-nissan-leaf-get-25-larger-battery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

How (what program) can you make an image of a working SD card? Some craftsmen are already making such maps! I also want to learn how to recover lost SD cards.

If anyone is interested, I'll tell you how to make a working copy of your card. Technology + software. :)

Yeah, I just got my 2015 LEAF SL a couple of weeks ago. Mine came with the SD and works fine, but I would like to know how to make a working backup in case mine goes bad or someone steals it as that seems to be a problem. Everybody should be able to make a backup of something you paid for so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, they locked map SD card really good, neither Windows nor Linux could even initialize the card. Without SD card being recognized, there is no way to copy or read CID. Anyone knows what is going on with those SD cards? Nissan also sells dated 2017 (made on 02/2016) maps update SD card online for 2010-2015 Leafs (USA). All other cars have 2018 maps, figures. EU also have new maps of Europe and Nissan sold Leafs over there with 3 different nav units.

PS,

I think I found post on other site how to clone the SD card with maps. In my case I think my map SD card is indeed damaged, but navigation still works, because of it copied map data to its internal storage. I guess I should not care much as I ordered new map upgrade and will make a copy of it when I receive it.

krox said:
If anyone is interested, I'll tell you how to make a working copy of your card. Technology + software. :)
Where are software and tutorials? Thank you!

krox said:
Not for free.

Ahahah, this is why this community is not very helpful.

I have designed open hardware solutions for ICE engines (flexfuel, coil on plug conversions), always made sure to put information and instructions out for free. Then if someone wants help actually implementing something, then can have it for a price.

Maybe do the same? Shame otherwise...

Crawlspace said:
I love forums and the Internet in general ask 5 people get 5 different answers....if you ask a dealer they will tell you it cannot be purchased separately it is part of the entire navigation unit, and you will have to replace the entire unit, hence my response above. Call nav tech and they will tell you to contact the dealer they do not sell the cards. The correct answer, you need to contact the manufacturer which is Clarion not nav tec, nav tec only deals with the map upgrades. You will need to pull the head unit and get the info from the back of the unit, then contact clarion, they will provide you with a new card that is married to the unit. Then the fun part begins, you will have to go to the dealer and have then program the nav unit. If any one can prove me wrong I offer $100.00 for accurate information

How do I know, I am in this process right now as I bought a used leaf without a sd card.

hi
i spoke to clarion sd unlock meens sd card no good.they said nissan may order a card insert it into head unit extract codes then enable/release the card

Back