apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Re: IT IS 3 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:13 am

Nubo wrote:
That's rich.
speaking of rich, you just can't seem to avoid being a dick
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

AndyH

Re: Hydrogen and FCEVs discussion thread

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:42 am

RegGuheert wrote:
AndyH wrote:I expect that if the demonstration projects didn't return enough actionable data that Chancellor Merkel wouldn't have decided to mandate that her country turn in that direction (and that goes for the entire EU and China as well).
Angela Merkel is a quantum chemist, which really gives her no qualification to make judgments on the electrical grid or energy systems in general. She is being advised by Jeremy Rifkin, who is against affordable electricity:
Jeremy Rifkin wrote:The prospect of cheap fusion energy is the worst thing that could happen to the planet.
Rifkin doesn't want cheap energy, he wants expensive energy. And that is what Germany is getting: some of the most expensive energy on the planet.
AndyH wrote:I'm keeping my eyes on Germany. Here - want some popcorn? ;)
Me, too. I've started a thread so that we can discuss both the good and the bad of their ongoing efforts.
I saw the thread. Your assertion that the Chancellor is not qualified as a practicing scientist to evaluate science is...interesting. Accepting your assertion also requires that we believe that national leaders work in a vacuum without benefit of advisers (and critics!). She's a democratically-elected leader (and was former Environment minister for the entire EU) - not a dictator.

Rifkin isn't against 'affordable electricity' - he's against the destruction of our planet. One would have to recognize the science behind climate change to understand that, though.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

AndyH

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:45 am

RegGuheert wrote:
GRA wrote:The future is always in progress, Andy, the question is when will it get here on other than a demonstration scale. The sources you cite all indicate to me that the answer remains 'not for years yet'; we're still collecting data and developing all this.
Guy, Andy's view is that of a military analyst. Military strategists don't care about costs, they only care about capabilities. If it is possible and it helps accomplish their mission, they will put it into practice. Now.
How did you make the massive jump from "analyst" to "strategist"? You know those are different, right? :shock: I'm not talking about a military project - if I was, I would have stated that fact. I don't need or want your translation efforts. Thanks anyway.
"The stupid become extinct."-Bill Mollison
2018 Outlander PHEV
2015 smart Electric Drive (lease ended Feb, 2018)
OpenEVSE Plus DIY

Damkamra
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2015

Re: Integrate "dash cam" feature

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:37 am

No matter how long We have to reach.

Damkamra
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2015

Re: Data request: efficiency/range as a function of battery

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:38 am

We use the knowledge they have to share this knowledge with others.

TonyWilliams

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:46 am

AndyH wrote:Rifkin isn't against 'affordable electricity' - he's against the destruction of our planet. One would have to recognize the science behind climate change to understand that, though.
Zing! That Andy gets in another jab. Pretty tame, however, considering one of his idols wasn't spoken of very highly.

I can't wait to hear what he calls us next! Just pins and needles in anticipation. Hey, Reg, did you even know there was a climate?

RegGuheert
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:05 am

TonyWilliams wrote:Hey, Reg, did you even know there was a climate?
Duh, what's a climate?

Ad hominems are his specialty.
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
10K mi. on 041413; 20K mi. (55.7Ah) on 080714; 30K mi. (52.0Ah) on 123015; 40K mi. (49.8Ah) on 020817; 50K mi. (47.2Ah) on 120717; 60K mi. (43.66Ah) on 091918.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

TonyWilliams

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:55 am

RegGuheert wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:Hey, Reg, did you even know there was a climate?
Duh, what's a climate?

Ad hominems are his specialty.
I thought the anti-vaxxer one was right out of left field... I give an eight for completely off topic ad hominems!!!

Maybe I should go through the thread and compile my "OrientExpress" dossier? Remeber that turd?

OrientExpress on LEAF battery degradation:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 44#p221444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The next time OrientExpress gives us the next LEAF revelation, just consider these previous revelations about the battery. The progression is very much like Andy... he's not getting any converts to his "mindset", and becomes more and more angry with each post. Perhaps read the last one from Orient Express below, and see the parallels with today's Andy.

1. "So far, all of the posts on this subject are speculation, hearsay, innuendo, and opinion."

2. "In reading through all the cases, I really don't see a problem"

3. "I have to believe that if there was an issue, it would have been detected and solved by now"

4. This is just a problem with "several vocal individuals."

5. There is so much confidence, he agreed to swap his battery!!! >>> "sure, come on by, and we will put the cars up on blocks and switch them out." :)

6. There are as many cars with reduced capacity as there are with ">>excess<< capacity and they are both edge cases". I sure as heck haven't seen a mention of that >>excess<< case(s) !!!!

7. "If there is an actual issue with a customer's battery, then it will be a simple routine warranty repair."

8. This is just "battery FUD that is concentrated in some posts... Kuddos to Nissan for a job well done."

9. Hey, it's only "17 cars out of a population of 25000 is .00068.... or in layman's terms, an edge case."

10. "for the 0.00074074074074 of LEAF owners..... investigate the myriad of options other than complaining to get satisfaction for your transportation needs."

11. Still no problem; just charge more!!! "'the only complaint being that they have to be "filled-up" more often"

12. "Of the fewer than 10 posters that make up the the vast majority of the posts in the 148+ pages of this thread, I'm probably the most rationale one of the bunch."

13. It's a little battery problem because "in the larger scheme of things this is just a fart in the breeze."

14. "8 or so posters that have been the key proponents of this... with some interpretative data that they have been able to glean from some homebrew devices". Hey, Phil, when will you have my homebrew device ready?

15. And then the insults got more pronounced... "Nothing smells right when you don't have a sense of smell". And then there's: "
One of the sure signs of dementia is paranoia and being convinced that everything smells bad."

16. All of the previous statements are because "I have a deeper understanding of how failure analysis in the automotive industry works."

17. So, it might be a software problem... "What if this whole thing is just a SW bug that is not accurately reporting the capacity of the battery?" A bit later, that was upgraded to, "reputable highly-placed sources suggest that a software bug". Naturally, no data to support this, or any other claim.

18. Some very specific and detailed data from most detailed person on the forum is just tossed aside with... "your methodology does not support your conclusions". This is from somebody that really hasn't provided ANY data.

19. Another "theory" with no data to support it (nor was any offered), "only those cars that have been driven in a severe and high-mileage mode trigger the condition."

20. The best for last, as this post is an all time classic!!! "very vocal and seemingly hysterical schizophrenic ADD owners ... they don't represent the vast majority of LEAF owners.... for whatever reason are unable to deal with the situation and would rather freak out. Speculation is rampant, and facts are few... fan the flames of discontent in a very trollish manner... for many that is not good enough and demand immediate satisfaction... Other than assigning wet nurses to the most vocal and impatient of those that are dissatisfied, it is hard to say what more than can be done."

evnow
Delivery Date: 25 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 303

Re: 2016 Nissan LEAF Information - 30 kWh ?!

Fri May 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Back on topic, pls. Don't want to start deleting posts.
1st Leaf : 2/28/2011 to 5/6/2013
2nd Leaf : 5/4/2013 to 3/21/2017
Volt : 3/25/2017 to 5/25/2018
Model 3 : 5/10/2018 to ?

DaveEV

Re: 2016 Nissan LEAF Information - 30 kWh ?!

Sat May 30, 2015 8:30 am

evnow wrote:Back on topic, pls. Don't want to start deleting posts.
Deleting posts for being OT is not the correct moderator action. Moving posts is. I will try to clean the thread up myself later tonight, but please do not delete posts.

Return to “Politics & Other Controversial Topics”