100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More importantly, you'd only be duplicating range @ speed that was first achieved by BEVs over a century ago, so why bother? LEAFfan got his to 188 miles on a track @18 mph avg. IIRR, so I don't doubt someone could get to 200 miles under the right circumstances.

You know what would be a good contest? A 250 mile trip. L2 charging only. See who could do those miles in the shortest possible time. Same rules as this thread. Nobody gets to start at the top of a hill! Charging time included.

johnrhansen said:
You know what would be a good contest? A 250 mile trip. L2 charging only. See who could do those miles in the shortest possible time. Same rules as this thread. Nobody gets to start at the top of a hill! Charging time included.

So, I put a few chargers on the car and charge at 90 amps AC from three separate J1772 stations at once.

I win.

TonyWilliams said:
johnrhansen said:

So, I put a few chargers on the car and charge at 90 amps AC from three separate J1772 stations at once.

I win.

If you can do all that, you deserve to win

Can I put a sail on my car?
:lol:

johnrhansen said:

Hey ya'll. Long time off and on member of the forums. Originally owned a 2011 LEAF SL CW + QC. 3 Year Lease came up this month and moved into a 2015 LEAF SL.

I am happy to announce that in my first week (and second charge) of driving the new car I am now a member of the 100 Mile Club. I didn't think it would come this easily, and I am convinced that the 2015 might have some special sauce. I also thought that it's particularly interesting with regards to the recharge time estimates which seem much longer than before.

Started at my residence in Portland, OR on Saturday AM 09/21/14, finished at home on Monday PM 09/23/14. A mixture of city and highway driving. I would like to credit B mode with eco. Also that fresh battery is nice.

10604409_10152497782454215_7678015059270331553_o.jpg

10631238_10152497782409215_1645642969661191886_o.jpg

1556202_10152497782404215_2019704111343931173_o.jpg

twbaker said:
I also thought that it's particularly interesting with regards to the recharge time estimates which seem much longer than before.

quote]

I've noticed with 2 months of my 2015 that it always charges much much faster. I think they have probably built in a worst case scenario (ie cold winter) and applied it across the board or factored in a % to over estimate to avoid customers complaining. If it charges quicker than anticipated you just live with it, if it takes longer there are some people who demand money back.

I joined the 100 Mile Club!

I went 113.4 miles, with 9 miles left on the GOM, on my most recent charge, averaging 5.9 kWh/mi, in my 2015 S. I obviously could have gone farther, but didn't see a need to. I now have about 350 miles on it. The GOM registered 116 miles after a full charge this morning.

Most of the mileage was stop-and-go commuting to work (16 mi RT, takes about 90 minutes RT, with lots of hills and stop lights and traffic). The rest was running errands. I used eco the entire time, with occasional B mode. I average about 5.6 kWh/mi on the commuting and presumably over 6 on the errands.

We also have a 2014 S, and would be able to get it over 100 miles on a charge too if we tried. But it hasn't been convenient yet to get it over 100. We've had estimated 110 mile ranges on it (90 miles on the charge, 20 on the GOM), but have always chosen to charge it up then due to the next trip being more than 10 miles.

We only charge about once or twice per week.

Next time just continue driving around the neighborhood for another 1/2 hour to go over 200km so you can be a member of that club also. It may not sound like much, but the membership benefits far outweigh the extra time to join!

forummm said:

I went 113.4 miles, with 9 miles left on the GOM, on my most recent charge, averaging 5.9 kWh/mi, in my 2015 S. I obviously could have gone farther, but didn't see a need to. I now have about 350 miles on it. The GOM registered 116 miles after a full charge this morning.

Most of the mileage was stop-and-go commuting to work (16 mi RT, takes about 90 minutes RT, with lots of hills and stop lights and traffic). The rest was running errands. I used eco the entire time, with occasional B mode. I average about 5.6 kWh/mi on the commuting and presumably over 6 on the errands.

We also have a 2014 S, and would be able to get it over 100 miles on a charge too if we tried. But it hasn't been convenient yet to get it over 100. We've had estimated 110 mile ranges on it (90 miles on the charge, 20 on the GOM), but have always chosen to charge it up then due to the next trip being more than 10 miles.

Graffi said:
Next time just continue driving around the neighborhood for another 1/2 hour to go over 200km so you can be a member of that club also. It may not sound like much, but the membership benefits far outweigh the extra time to join!

forummm said:
I joined the 100 Mile Club!.

I guess I'll have to do that. I saw someone mention that there are some miles left once it gets to 0 on the GOM. Do we know approximately how many are left at that point?

When I stopped, LeafSpy said the SOC was 13.6%.

TonyWilliams said:
Five spots remain in this uber exclusive club.

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

Only 4 now: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7022&start=780#p394266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

forummm said:

For this next charge I went without Eco and without B mode for the entire time. My travel was similar work commuting with stop-and-go traffic as described above along with a few errands. I also drove with traffic and did not try to do hypermiling (but also didn't floor it from stop lights). I ended up last night at 101 with 7 left on GOM, averaging 5.3 mi/kWh.

forummm said:
TonyWilliams said:

Tony Williams

Only 4 now: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7022&start=780#p394266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe not. Dashboard pictures or it didn't happen!

I knew that my 2011 would never make it to 100 miles. So when I got a 2015, I was ready to go for it. When Very low battery warning came on, the GOM changed from 9 to ---. Since I was less than 1 mile from home, I didn't have any worries. Here are some pictures:

IMG_20140920_small.jpg

Screenshot_2014-09-20-15-06-52.png

billg said:
forummm said:
TonyWilliams said:

Tony Williams

Maybe not. Dashboard pictures or it didn't happen!

Hahaha. I'm going to take the day off of work Tuesday and try for the 200km club. I'll find my camera.

garygTx said:
I knew that my 2011 would never make it to 100 miles. So when I got a 2015, I was ready to go for it. When Very low battery warning came on, the GOM changed from 9 to ---. Since I was less than 1 mile from home, I didn't have any worries. Here are some pictures:

With only (now) three spots remaining, you got in just in time!!! Welcome to the club. Perhaps there's room to mount a long star in the Club House?

Tony Williams

Back