100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my 2013 LEAF, I drove the farthest in a friendly competition against a 2012 LEAF, a 2012 Focus, a 2012 i-MiEV, and a 2014 Spark EV.

http://roulezelectrique.com/match-comparatif-roulez-electrique-les-resultats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (In French, but the results chart is easy enough to understand).

The chart gives me credit for 196.5 km, but I suspect GPS odometer would have adjusted that up by 1 - 1.5%.

Unfortunately, I was 3 km short of completely the loop, so there was elevation drop of ~ 200 feet. 75% of the driving was on country roads at ~75 km/h and 25% at ~50km/h.

I am actually impressed by the 2012 LEAF. It's SOH was only 85% compared to my 95% and was the only vehicle not piloted by its owner. Unlike the other EVs, its driver wasn't familiar with range-maximizing techniques.

Edy said:
... 113 miles is my maximum range until today. as i learn more about how drive it i got more miles every time.

Edy,

As the first entry from Mexico, you are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 80.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment and wear your Club jacket with pride. Some members, in an apparent act of disobedience, have affixed their membership number on their jackets either in reverse or upside down (or both). I hope you'll not be swayed to follow them, thus avoiding any censor of this honorable institution.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

Berlino said:
The chart gives me credit for 196.5 km, but I suspect GPS odometer would have adjusted that up by 1 - 1.5%.

Berlino,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 81.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment and learn our endearing handshake and other secret greetings, only known to members of this institution.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

I propose membership for Robert Bourcier, the driver of the 2012 Leaf in:

http://roulezelectrique.com/match-comparatif-roulez-electrique-les-resultats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

167km is 103.8 miles

[edit, corrected typo]

WetEV said:
I propose membership for Robert Bourcier, the driver of the 2012 Leaf in:

http://roulezelectrique.com/match-comparatif-roulez-electrique-les-resultats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

167km is 103.8 miles

Only 18 spots remain in the world renowned 100 Mile Club.

Mr. Robert Bourcier,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 82.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment and promise to never get so drunk as to require assistance either in or to the toilet. The last member in that situation did not make it all the way to the toilet and created a most uncomfortable situation for our guests.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

Not sure where the math is coming from, but I think 107 km is a bit over 66 miles. If there was a typo and the number was 170 km, then that exceeds the 100 miles, and qualifies for entry into the 100-mile club.

linkim said:
Not sure where the math is coming from, but I think 107 km is a bit over 66 miles. If there was a typo and the number was 170 km, then that exceeds the 100 miles, and qualifies for entry into the 100-mile club.

Typo, follow the link.

167 km.

As the first entry from Mexico, you are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 80.

Tony:

Thanks for such a distinction, i will tried to upload pictures everytime i hit over 100 miles, as soon i learn how to upload too...

Here is a picture of my last 100 last week
ur2jjV4s.jpg

just finished my first 100 mile run!!

This is in north dallas, with a relatively flat land. Dont have the exact elevation statistics as I mainly drive around for work. I do about 50-60 miles every day and started yesterday, and timed it such that I ended up at the QC station.

did about 5.9 miles/kwh
15% charge left
average speed 21.9 mph

How do I upload pictures ?
Is there a spot left in the first 100 ?

devadattas said:
just finished my first 100 mile run!!

This is in north dallas, with a relatively flat land. Dont have the exact elevation statistics as I mainly drive around for work. I do about 50-60 miles every day and started yesterday, and timed it such that I ended up at the QC station.

did about 5.9 miles/kwh
15% charge left
average speed 21.9 mph

How do I upload pictures ?
Is there a spot left in the first 100 ?

Mr. devadattas,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 83.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment without a full legal review by one of your staff lawyers.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

Finally did it. 100 miles on one charge, over about 5 days (we don't drive much). Here are a few pictures. First 20 were local, then 35 miles downtown and back in slow traffic, then 25 more miles local, finally last 20 miles on the freeway, as I had lots of wiggle room. Mix of day and night driving, many miles in the rain.

Started at 258 gids, and ended at 42 gids. I maybe could have babied it to 120 miles, but didn't have the time tonight.

20140608_185145.

Ur45_kMNIuEYkvYv6v0gPO_iWZqSQm8qiVjW-V5p-pbuJVhL_8ebu9BuV5DY9Zv6Rp0iuzcaemRmq_u8QS_4YCK2y2A=s180

20140611_205831.jpg

Some interesting contests I think would be: 1. minimum used GIDS to 50 or 100 miles. 2. Fastest average speed for 100 miles (I think 55+ is achievable) 3. Beat Leaffan and achieve 200 miles.

One more item off of the bucket list...but that sounds rather geeky.

What I thought would be fun is a 300 mile race level 2 charging only. Charging limited to 3 kw to level the playing field. Drivers can chooze routes, charging locations, and speed to optimize travel time. Legal speed limit or slower. To make it even more sporting, everyone leaves at the same time, and the first one to the destination wins.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Finally did it. 100 miles on one charge...
One more item off of the bucket list...but that sounds rather geeky.

Mr. DougWantsALeaf,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 84.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment and be prepared for our robust induction and hazing ceremony in the very near future.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

I purchased my bran-new 2014 Leaf in April and soon after I setup Leaf Spy Pro on a cheap android phone. To my great disappointment the battery was already 8% down on capacity (reporting 92% SOH). I keep my cars a long time so I'm planning on babying the battery (keep battery cool, charge to about 90%, don't go down to turtle...) so this was extremely disappointing to me. Anyway, I read on the forum that draining the battery down to turtle and then charging to 100% may "recalibrate" the battery so last Tuesday I drove it until I saw the turtle. I then charged it overnight to 100% and figured, what the heck, let's try to join the 100 miles club.

First day started out great, weather was nice, not too warm, no need for A/C. Going to work and back I averaged 8.8 km/kWh not holding up any traffic. That evening my wife went out with her friend and it was pouring rain. She used the defrost the whole time and therefore brought the average economy down to 8.0 km/kWh. The next morning was still miserable and driving into work all I could do is bring the avg. economy up to 8.1 km/kWh so I was starting to think I wouldn't make it to 161 km. The weather on the way back was a little better so avg. economy crept back up to 8.3. In the evening we went to do some shopping and came home on LBW and about 152 km. After putting the kids to sleep I told my wife I was going for a drive. After about 10 minutes of driving around I was at 159 and heading home. Drove into the driveway with one bar left (---%) and switched my odometer to miles to see 100.4 miles traveled. I don't remember exactly but I think I had about 15 gids left, 8.4 km/kWh average.

In case you're wondering, no the capacity did not change, I still only have 92% SOH. As I only have about 20 kWh of capacity I won't even bother trying for 200 kms. I'd need to average 10 km/kWh and the best I've average for any significant distance is 9. I sure hope my battery degradation will be slower than "normal" cause my new car is already half way to loosing a capacity bar - sucks. :cry:

At least being indoctrinated into the 100 mile club should cheer me up a little. ;)

muus said:
After about 10 minutes of driving around I was at 159 and heading home. Drove into the driveway with one bar left (---%) and switched my odometer to miles to see 100.4 miles traveled. I don't remember exactly but I think I had about 15 gids left

Mr. muus,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 85.

Only 15 spots remain, so I think you got in at a good time. Once all the LEAF can pull into Tesla Supercharger stations with 60kWh batteries, we will be flooded with requests to join !!!

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

muus said:
I purchased my bran-new 2014 Leaf in April and soon after I setup Leaf Spy Pro on a cheap android phone. To my great disappointment the battery was already 8% down on capacity (reporting 92% SOH).
You might want to read this thread before coming to any conclusions about the reported battery capacity on your new LEAF:
2013 Low Battery Capacity AHr Battery Degradation

TonyWilliams said:
Mr. muus,

You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever more be and remain Mr. 85.

Only 15 spots remain, so I think you got in at a good time. Once all the LEAF can pull into Tesla Supercharger stations with 60kWh batteries, we will be flooded with requests to join !!!

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

Thank you Tony!

60kWh Leaf - that would be cool...

drees said:
muus said:
I purchased my bran-new 2014 Leaf in April and soon after I setup Leaf Spy Pro on a cheap android phone. To my great disappointment the battery was already 8% down on capacity (reporting 92% SOH).
You might want to read this thread before coming to any conclusions about the reported battery capacity on your new LEAF:
2013 Low Battery Capacity AHr Battery Degradation

Thank you drees, I will read this thread attentively and contribute my observations if it can help. Being in the 100 mile club is cool, but I want to be in the "10 Year Old Leaf With Original Battery" club.

muus said:
Being in the 100 mile club is cool, but I want to be in the "10 Year Old Leaf With Original Battery" club.
+1

And hopefully we will be able to purchase replacement batteries sometime after that point!

Welcome to the club!

Back