Autolock the charger door when drive is engaged?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbender

Anyone else ever drive off without "clicking" shut the charger door? I've done it a number of times, usually because I intended to plug in before leaving but then had an unexpected change of plans. Well, in case you haven't done it, the hatch stays down (in the low but 'unclicked' position) until highway speeds, at which point it will fly open to the vertical position. Aside from being a bit startling and annoying (as in, "Doh!"), it can't be that good for efficiency, either ;-)

What do you think, would adding an auto-lock mechanism not be worth the small number of times this happens, or is it easy and "good sense" enough for (you) Nissan to add it?

davewill said:
Can't say that's ever happened to me. It's pretty obvious it's open even from inside the car.
I'm not sure I could see it even if I lifted my head as high and as forward as possible. Maybe I didn't make myself perfectly clear, but I think some here know what I meant.
(in the low but 'unclicked' position)
... will fly open to the vertical position.
An indicator light would be a fair compromise, an auto-lock even better.

Back