Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trudy Varen of Avondale Nissan is who we've dealt with and was very knowledgeable. I stopped by Pinnacle Nissan (Bell Road) to see if they had any 2014's. The typical tackle-you-as-your-getting-out-of-your car sales guy was there. Long story short he had no idea what a LEAF was, much less if they had any in the showroom or in stock. I left in a hurry.

mark1313 said:
I see where the company the bought all the rights to manage the Ecotality chargers are having their own money problems ......They just issued a secondary that was bought by a private company .......They are still losing millions of dollars each year .....They own a lot of chargers in the Florida area ............
Here's an article from last November, suggesting who might be interested in buying them out, and why:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1859281-car-charging-group-ripe-for-acquisition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's one from yesterday, reporting a small stock jump:

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/73882/car-charging-group-inc-otcmkts-ccgi-makes-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even so, those financials look dreadful.

GRA said:
mark1313 said:
I see where the company the bought all the rights to manage the Ecotality chargers are having their own money problems ......They just issued a secondary that was bought by a private company .......They are still losing millions of dollars each year .....They own a lot of chargers in the Florida area ............
Here's an article from last November, suggesting who might be interested in buying them out, and why:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1859281-car-charging-group-ripe-for-acquisition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's one from yesterday, reporting a small stock jump:

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/73882/car-charging-group-inc-otcmkts-ccgi-makes-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even so, those financials look dreadful.

I was the last one to reply to that Seeking Alpha article ...... I never did get a answer ..........I do not think a lot of people realized that all those Ecotality chargers belonged to the government and Ecotality was just badly managing them ......

I charged successfully on 1/7 at PADT, using the DC charger, and it worked OK for me.

Also, several of our Nissan dealers now have DC quick chargers. I used the one at Power Nissan at Gilbert Rd/202. It is in the parking lot, with the other chargers. Only one there, and it's sometimes blocked. They show up on Plugshare.

Although it is a DC charger, it's definitely not as high a current as the Blink version. I only charged for about 10 minutes to try it out, but at around 1/2 charge, it was telling me that it would take about 50 minutes to get to full. It has a small LCD display that shows current current output and estimated time to completion.

Free, and they said I could use it anytime. I'm not sure, though if that lot would be open late hours. There were several other Leafs parked there from their inventory.

As of yesterday evening, I'm a new Leaf leasee in the Phoenix area. Has anyone used he quickcharge at Autonation Nissan in Tempe? I leased my 2013 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in Mesa because that was by far the best lease offer I received from the local dealers, but they are not the closest to my home.

Also, and I'm sure this will get a hearty laugh, is there anyone willing to trade their 240v upgraded cord for the standard 120v trickle charge cord that comes with the car along with some monetary compensation?

westcoastpirate said:
As of yesterday evening, I'm a new Leaf leasee in the Phoenix area. Has anyone used he quickcharge at Autonation Nissan in Tempe? I leased my 2013 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in Mesa because that was by far the best lease offer I received from the local dealers, but they are not the closest to my home.

Also, and I'm sure this will get a hearty laugh, is there anyone willing to trade their 240v upgraded cord for the standard 120v trickle charge cord that comes with the car along with some monetary compensation?

They have two L2 chargers. When I was there for service I saw two new unsold Leafs parked in front the chargers - not charging.

I think they are "free"

myleaf said:
westcoastpirate said:

They have two L2 chargers. When I was there for service I saw two new unsold Leafs parked in front the chargers - not charging.

I think they are "free"

Yes, they are L2s, not QCs and they are free. I don't know where the "several" Nissan QCs are (besides Big Two in Gilbert), but I'm pretty sure Power Nissan in Tempe only has two L2s.

Anyone interested in buying a commercial chargepoint station? There's one up on eBay for $495 :shock: It's one of the older units with the outlet under the metal door along with a J1772 in a locking holster. It also looks like an additional home chargepoint unit (CS220?) is included. Local pickup only though in Phoenix. Would be interested in getting it if it was closer OR if someone wants to help me ship it (want a free home evse?)...

Here's the listing on eBay

JeremyW said:
Anyone interested in buying a commercial chargepoint station? There's one up on eBay for $495 :shock: It's one of the older units with the outlet under the metal door along with a J1772 in a locking holster. It also looks like an additional home chargepoint unit (CS220?) is included. Local pickup only though in Phoenix. Would be interested in getting it if it was closer OR if someone wants to help me ship it (want a free home evse?)...

Here's the listing on eBay
Looks like there's a $125 closing cost fee to be applied on top. Also, $495 is the starting bid for an auction. There's no telling how far it'll go.

LEAFfan said:
Sheerluckholmes said:
Tempe Auto Nation Nissan now has a QC station in front of their parts dept. The L2 stations are in front of the dealership.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out.

I've been using the QC station at Autonation Tempe every day this week on the way home from work since I'm waiting to get my upgraded trickle charger back from EVSE Upgrade. The Autonation Tempe rep in charge of Leaf sales said the QC will be free for the first couple months and then there will be a fee charged. The employee said the fee should be around $8-$11, but they haven't decided on a final figure.

...EDIT: I forgot to add, the L2 chargers will remain free to use.

cwerdna said:
Ok... this is totally not Leaf related but is related to Phoenicians.

Anyone watch Kitchen Nightmares? I can't believe I bother watching an ep until earlier this year. The show is usually a total riot.

The ep from this past Friday on Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale, AZ was a total train wreck and had an unusual ending, compared to all the other eps. If you have access to the show via Hulu, On Demand or whatever, check it out. I did find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but it might get yanked.

There's a thread discussion the ep at http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=504278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Apparently, the owners' issues w/people writing negative reviews has been going on way before the ep was filmed. Their behavior pretty much was "the customer is wrong".
On this note, I just posted this in another forum...

Woah... I just realized that Return to Amy's Baking Company is airing now. Luckily I hadn't deleted my season pass (which is recording it now) and its priority was high enough.

I will be watching it soon.

Any good lease deals in phoenix ,Only lease deal i can find is S +QC $1999 down and $219 PM 36 months lease , plz advice.

Many good deals in Phoenix. Check with Tempe Power Nissan, Brian Shirley who is a top LEAF sales person since day one. They also have the No Charge to Charge offer. 480-598-6000

Rare opportunity for someone who wants to join me in rolling the dice. There is apparently a rav4ev w/ 12k miles at Lesueur Motors in Tempe. Service is a gamble, but if you want 150 miles of range, it's the only game in town besides the model S. We have nearly 20k trouble free miles so far. GOM is accurate, and on an 80% charge this morning we had 109 miles.

http://www.usedvwaudi.com/web/used/Toyota-RAV4-EV-2012-Tempe-Arizona/14227262/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow the RAV4 has a Tesla drive train and battery pack. I will pass this on to our group in the area. That is a rare find and worth a lot. I already have a LEAF and Focus EV with only 80 mile range or I'd jump on it.

Guys planning to buy clippercreek HCS40P, 30A, 240V Charging, NEMA 14-50 Plug for my 2015 Leaf . Any recommendation for good installer in phoenix ?

turbo2ltr said:
I've been noticing Volts are now getting AFV plates. Since when?
Since around 5/21/2014. It's not Alternate Fuel Vehicle plate. It's the Blue Energy Efficient plate. Looks very similar with the cloud stuff, but actually a different type. This is the type for plug-ins.

Here's the link about it. They had 1800 available when they started out. Cost $11.30 to apply. You get a new plate number. 466 have been issued. I'm surprised it hasn't been all snapped up by now.

It's not just for Volt, but for all plug-ins.

Back