Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great that we're getting more of those. They're advertiser-backed charging. I went on Volta's website, and so far their charging map still only shows Hawaii locations, so I don't know how we'll find out about where the (dozen or so) new ones are going in.

Very cool! I shop at the center almost every weekend - Petsmart and Bed Bath and Beyond are there...and a ZTejas!

turbo2ltr said:
I was in the shopping area on the north east corner of Shea and Tatum and there are two brand new FREE Volta Charging EVSEs across from Einstein Bagels. Looks like they aren't even finished installing them. One was lit up, one wasn't. Oddly enough the one that was lit up didn't work, and the one that wasn't, did.

I added it to plugshare.

20130902_191145.jpg

Glad we're finally getting some choice in charging, especially with the sad state of Ecotality. I'll take our RAV there this weekend and see what charging temps look like. Any idea what the max charging speed is in these units?

http://pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gotta love they plan to have a plug in day at a location that you can't actually plug in. :roll:

turbo2ltr said:

http://pluginday.org/event.php?eventid=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gotta love they plan to have a plug in day at a location that you can't actually plug in. :roll:

True enough...however, there will be lots of car people there...and not just people who are already sold on driving electric.

Isn't the Pavillions where there is a McDonald's which hosts a car show on Saturday nights? Is that where they are going to be? I think it would be pretty cool if it was.

True enough...however, there will be lots of car people there...and not just people who are already sold on driving electric.

All the more reason to have it someplace that shows off the charging infrastructure.

Isn't the Pavillions where there is a McDonald's which hosts a car show on Saturday nights? Is that where they are going to be? I think it would be pretty cool if it was.

Yes, that's the place.

Looks like Ecotality days are numbered... Everything goes up for auction next month .. I wonder if the DOE will shut down the chargers until they find another company to manage them ..

mark1313 said:
Looks like Ecotality days are numbered... Everything goes up for auction next month .. I wonder if the DOE will shut down the chargers until they find another company to manage them ..

I'm curious what it takes to keep them live, and I'm wondering if that equipment is hosted here in Phoenix. I could bid on the stuff and put it in my casita:)

Not sure if I put it into my calendar wrong or they changed the time, but the event today at the pavilions is at 3pm. I plan to be there, though I'll probably have to find a charger to get back home.

Everybody going through the McDonald's drive-thru got a good view of a row of Teslas. I hope they knew what they were looking at.

Anyone have a suggestion for a dealer in the Phx area? I went to ABC and Midway looking for a replacement when my lease ends in Jan and both were very disappointing. I don't understand how they can sell cars when the person you talk to knows nothing about them. (see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

turbo2ltr said:
Anyone have a suggestion for a dealer in the Phx area? I went to ABC and Midway looking for a replacement when my lease ends in Jan and both were very disappointing. I don't understand how they can sell cars when the person you talk to knows nothing about them. (see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I really liked Trudy Varin at Avondale, but that was two years ago, and a lot can change at a dealer in that amount of time. I had the world's worst experience at Midway and I've spent a couple hours of my time writing scathing reviews of my experience on Yelp and dealer rating sites.

Good luck.

I had a horrible experience at Mesa Riverview at initial purchase. That guy is now gone.

I met with the sales manager there recently and they were very helpful and price reasonable when I discussed trading in my 2011 for a 2013.

Their trade in value sucked, but it is what it is.
Their purchase price on the 2013 was very, very reasonable.
Both the salesman and sales manager were a pleasure to deal with.

I service my LEAF at Pinnacle Nissan and they are great. They were not reasonable at purchase time in 2010, but they seem much better now.

I bought my 2011 LEAF at Coulter Nissan. They used to be in Glendale but I think they're moved further out to the north west area of Phoenix (to Surprise maybe?). They were the only dealer in town that I could find who would give me a best deal back then.

I see where the company the bought all the rights to manage the Ecotality chargers are having their own money problems ......They just issued a secondary that was bought by a private company .......They are still losing millions of dollars each year .....They own a lot of chargers in the Florida area ............

Back