Maui, Hawaii

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The map doesn't show any L1 sites in Hana, but I assume that someone has charged out there successfully. Any knowledge on this Shaun? If some hotel/B&B does support this it would be good to know so that we can give them our business. L1 would be fine for folks staying at least over night.

Advent said:
Any word on when the others are going in? We're thinking about doing a trip in December 2014 and it would involve backpacking in Haleakala. I would think if there were a place to get a full charge somewhere around Kula it would be fine, correct? Is there one going in in Hana?

The Kula Lodge DCFC is in the process of being installed right now, which will make Haleakala accessible. The Jump Smart Maui plan is to have a DCFC in Hana, a DCFC half way to Hana & several upcountry, with a total of 20 DCFC stations with 4 charge ports per station, which will make all of Maui accessible by 100% EV's. Originally the plan was to have all 20 stations installed by the end of 2013, so hopefully the remaining stations will be installed by the end of 2014. Our local electric company is also installing 2 DCFC, one at their headquarters in kahului & another one to be determined.

The map doesn't show any L1 sites in Hana, but I assume that someone has charged out there successfully. Any knowledge on this Shaun?
We rented our Leaf to someone who stayed at a B&B that allowed her to charge & we also rented our Volt to a local musician who L1 charged at Travaasa Hana hotel & wrote about it here http://joelkatzmaui.com/2012/08/electric-car-to-travaasa-hana-gig/

Shaun

EcoCarRental said:
The Kula Lodge DCFC is in the process of being installed right now, which will make Haleakala accessible. The Jump Smart Maui plan is to have a DCFC in Hana, a DCFC half way to Hana & several upcountry, with a total of 20 DCFC stations with 4 charge ports per station, which will make all of Maui accessible by 100% EV's. Originally the plan was to have all 20 stations installed by the end of 2013, so hopefully the remaining stations will be installed by the end of 2014. Our local electric company is also installing 2 DCFC, one at their headquarters in kahului & another one to be determined.

That is awesome news! We're thinking about backpacking to the 3 cabins inside Haleakala and then making a trip out to Hana so it looks like the Leaf would work for us. Do you know if the lodge is installing an L2 charger as well? We'd need a place to stay the night before going up the mountain and that would work quite well, I think.

Advent said:
That is awesome news! We're thinking about backpacking to the 3 cabins inside Haleakala and then making a trip out to Hana so it looks like the Leaf would work for us. Do you know if the lodge is installing an L2 charger as well? We'd need a place to stay the night before going up the mountain and that would work quite well, I think.
The Jump Smart Maui chargers are all DCFC, so based on the existing Jump Smart Maui installations I doubt a L2 would also be installed at the Kula Lodge.

Back