Nissan Reaches Settlement in Defective LEAF Battery Class Ac

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think that the settlement is not favorable you can always OPT OUT when you receive the Notice.

I intend to opt out as this is simply a gift to Nissan and the ILG attorneys who filed the case.

ILG - representing "us," the owners, is under investigation for unethical conduct and settling cases for their benefit to the detriment of class members. I don't want these clowns to get anything from us:

http://wellsfargohmcovertime.com/Home_Page_2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spindoctor said:
If you think that the settlement is not favorable you can always OPT OUT when you receive the Notice.

I intend to opt out as this is simply a gift to Nissan and the ILG attorneys who filed the case.

ILG - representing "us," the owners, is under investigation for unethical conduct and settling cases for their benefit to the detriment of class members. I don't want these clowns to get anything from us:

http://wellsfargohmcovertime.com/Home_Page_2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Won't you lose your 9-bar warranty by opting out?

Spindoctor said:

If enough people opt out, they could lose the class.

mwalsh said:
So the answer for many of us will be to break-up with Nissan and try to find a car company that will love us the way we deserve to be loved. Others will be happy just being F buddies, knowing that Nissan will get up and leave in the middle of the night and not call the next day. And a third subset will be mostly unhappy, but stay for the sake of the children. :D

1) This is hilarious.

2) Maybe consider the BMW i3. Based on my Mini experiences, BMW "gets" the care and handling of early adopters.

3) That being said, Nissan is actively trying. Yes, it's dysfunctional but they are willing to try counseling. :)

z0ner said:
Wow. Just when I thought Nissan couldn't sink any lower... The whole "we'll extend the battery warranty out of the goodness of our heart", a complete and utter sham.

My lease terminates next April. I'll be saving a few extra duckets to get the RAV4 EV. Similar companies like Toyota and Honda know how to foster good relationships with their customers - hence their success. May Nissan choke on my 2/3rd's capacity paperweight.

Toyota and Honda both aren't too keen on electric cars (Toyota being the most vocal), and both pretty much stick EXACTLY to just meeting CARB-ZEV mandates.

Also, both have plans for hydrogen cars to replace EVs for 2015-2017.

as adric22 asked earlier, how this is 'new warranty' that came out of this law suit any different than the new 9 bar loss warranty that was disclosed a month ago ?

or, did the 9 bar loss warranty happen only because of the law suit ?

mkjayakumar said:
as adric22 asked earlier, how this is 'new warranty' that came out of this law suit any different than the new 9 bar loss warranty that was disclosed a month ago ?

It isn't. That's what the big question in this thread is. Which came first, the warranty or the settlement? If the warranty came first, I'm forced to wonder how something you're already entitled to can be a "settlement"?

TomT said:
I will be voting with my feet and moving to a different company - most likely Tesla - when my lease is up. My main reason, though, is that I will never again own an EV without TMS unless it has the new, magic, miracle battery!
I assume you mean only if said miracle battery's claims are proven to be accurate, by someone other than the manufacturer. Or else there's a cast-iron capacity warranty in place from the beginning.

mkjayakumar said:

look the news story about the settlement actually came out on july 9th, the same day the nissan rep posted on MNL about the warranty.

the settlement been in talks, ever since dec of 2012.

the real question is why is the warrnty set so low? (8/9bars)

we was told 70% capacity after 5years, and even 100mile range.

Jumping to today, (11 Sept). I received a mailing--typical class-action notice, although for some reason it is set in a font I can actually read, and it's 8 pages. Basically both sides have agreed to the terms, but it still has to get approval and be recorded. There is a question in that that specifically asks, "How is this different from the Nissan warranty?". The answer, such as it is, simply says the lawsuit was filed before any announcement by Nissan. And...
LTLFTcomposite said:
How much did the lawyers get out it? I'll bet none of them are driving evs.
Why, they're limited to just under two million dollars! How can anyone earn a decent living with wages like that?

gbarry42 said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Why, they're limited to just under two million dollars! How can anyone earn a decent living with wages like that?

In my own class action against an International, US-based bank, the lawyers on my side also got $2m. I wonder if that's a "standard" amount for class action suits?

LTLFTcomposite said:
I always smirk when I hear about other people getting all worried about what somebody else is getting. Hey - here's a novel idea how about you defending the rights of the class ... I'm sure you'll be more than glad to do it for pennies on the dollar ... right?
;)

think plaintiff bar is greedy?
this is no cost and no risk for the plaintiff.

you are free to file your own suit and pay your attorney by the hour.

So, if one ops out of the settlement, do we still have the warranty that
says if we get down to 8 bars (about 62%, not 70%) that Nissan will
"fix" the battery back up to at least 9 bars (about 70%)?

If we gain nothing by being part of the settlement, and lose the right
to sue about related issues (forever, on any Nissan car???), then
we should all opt out, right?

So, do we have the warranty offered earlier, or do we only have
that one if we have the latest firmware uograde?

Do we get this settlement version even if we do not have the uograde?

Or, is the "fix" going in with only 8 capacity bars showing, that they
just do the firmware uograde, and "poof", your car now has 9 bars?

i think a class action is coming on the failure to sell a battery replacement and instead offering the steal your battery program.

i cant see how it can be defended other than nissan putting a battery for sale.

Back