Two Seat Version of the Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lion said:
I'm not disagreeing with you, I also don't see Nissan changing the LEAF to fit just 2 people. Smart ED, Scion IQ EV, Lit Motors C-1, Fiat 500e, plenty of EVs out there if you want something small.

I agree, so why don't they make a new varient. Who says the Leaf has to be the only electric vehicle Nissan offers. Make it a little sporter, give it a muscle car name like Shark, or Flare, or something, and see how it sales.

They could also offer a *three* seat version, with a 40% wide fold-down seat on one side and a larger cargo area. When I was looking to buy a new Civic in 1986, I actually passed on the CRX Si and chose the Civic Si, because the latter had back seats. Of course, I rarely used them. ;-) There is an irrational prejudice against two-seater vehicles.

jdomm said:
lion said:
I'm not disagreeing with you, I also don't see Nissan changing the LEAF to fit just 2 people. Smart ED, Scion IQ EV, Lit Motors C-1, Fiat 500e, plenty of EVs out there if you want something small.

I agree, so why don't they make a new varient. Who says the Leaf has to be the only electric vehicle Nissan offers. Make it a little sporter, give it a muscle car name like Shark, or Flare, or something, and see how it sales.

Well, Nissan was going to offer the Infiniti LE...

1932highboy said:
I did this a year ago. http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb377/1932highboy/leafseat_zps60d7ade0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought of it... How hard would you guess it be to reinstate the rear seat and bench? My LEAF is my hauler, believe it or not, as my other car, has, drum roll......

two seats....

I purchased a Smart Fortwo Electric car recently after test driving a wide variety of competitors.

As noted in the initial thread post, I only need two seats to cover 99.9% of all of the trips I take, as I have two cars, and the other is the one I take the kids in if we are going somewhere.

Money wasn't a primary motivator, but given that Nissan is not focussed on the Canadian market (no 2013's here yet, and pricing is well above US) it made my choice very easy.

Plus, the Smart is highly customizable straight out of the factory, I ordered mine with the panoramic (see thru) roof, red interior accents (seats, dash), upgraded Babus chrome rims and this added less than $800 to the price, and I came out $22k total with taxes (and deducting Ontario EV credit).

Back