ECO LOGO for FREE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freshleaf

I dont understand why Nissan is charging as Accessory to put Nissan Eco Emission Logo on the LEAF .
Its such a good way to Market the LEAF and tell others that one is driving an electric CAR. 90% of people still dont know that the CAR next to them is an EV.
I have people asking me at RED stop lights are you driving an electric Vehicle. they were very impress with this vehicle..

I am willing to PUT these LOGO on my LEAF if they offered Free..I have Leased it...

Just like anything, it costs money to make, and unless you do it yourself, it costs money to install. A discreet "Zero Emission" chrome emblem is already attached to the hatch, and on ones without the large decal, a larger version is affixed to each front door as well.

Personally, I think the gigantic "ZERO EMISSION" decal is obnoxious, and if it came with my Leaf, it would be removed as soon as I arrived home.

RonDawg said:
Personally, I think the gigantic "ZERO EMISSION" decal is obnoxious, and if it came with my Leaf, it would be removed as soon as I arrived home.

To each his own. I added it to my red LEAF and the blue tilted "e" is a nice contrast with the other letters being fairly subtle in outline only. The matching blue console and holographic kick plates complete the look nicely and I, too, enjoy the EV glow when someone figures out this car isn't just ordinary. People who ask are amazed and excited there's no gas. If it gets the conversation going, it's a good thing.

Freshleaf, I'm with you. From the outside, a Leaf looks like just another car. The large Zero Emission decal would draw attention, educate folks. Looks nice too.

Arvind said:
Freshleaf, I'm with you. From the outside, a Leaf looks like just another car. The large Zero Emission decal would draw attention, educate folks. Looks nice too.
Here's what mine looks like:
http://postimage.org/image/lslgfkpzz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arvind said:

Arvind, its a no brainer, to me its Free Advertising for just not Nissan even other Auto makers too.
Now a days so many small compact cars have small ECO logo on the back and they are not EV & Hybrid
and people think that LEAF is same like those cars, WRONG, LEAF is a 100% EV and till the people realized by looking at the Big LOGO they will never understand..

Two Myths I am hearing from folks talking are.

1) To pay 1-2k to install charging station is too much.
2) Will cost too much to pay for home electric bill.

I prove to them both are wrong. #1 I did it for $278. and #2 I can charge my car as low as .02Cents per kWh.
I move my billing to real time charging, where Rates go lowest in the night.

I think the EV Industry need to Educate the people and by advertising with a Big LOGO is a one small step in that direction.

eclecticflower said:
http://postimage.org/image/lslgfkpzz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice! How much did you pay for the decal & installation?

Arvind said:
eclecticflower said:

Nice! How much did you pay for the decal & installation?
:oops: Hard to remember - I ordered my LEAF online in early March 2012 and there was a bundle option for the logo, kick-plates and blue console; it was more cost-effective than buying one or 2 pieces separately. I'd have to check my June 2012 purchase documents, but I think it was something in the range of $250(?) (no extra installation fees). Does anyone remember the online bundle price option better than me?

I had too many comments from "instant experts" who figured I never considered that "electricity has to come from somewhere".

I removed every "zero emission" badge from the car.

I have removed my Z ro Emissions part of the logo on my new Leaf SV which had the feature installed when I purchased it.
I left the Blue Stylized E on the sides. They also want $85 for each side to put on the Metal Zero Emissions. :roll:

rexh62 said:
I have removed my Z ro Emissions part of the logo on my new Leaf SV which had the feature installed when I purchased it.
I left the Blue Stylized E on the sides. They also want $85 for each side to put on the Metal Zero Emissions. :roll:

I'm confused: isn't the metal "Zero Emissions" logo/emblem standard (NOT the large decal)?? I actually think it looks good, and helps answer that "does it use gas" question.

Back