Mountain Climb From Exeter to Mineral King

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the climb! (I just now got around to reading your nice trip report.) That almost makes my climbs into the San Bernardino Mountains look like child's play, especially since I've never arrived at home with less than one bar.

Mineral King does look like a gorgeous place; we'll have to visit it someday, though in our case it will have to involve the use of the Prius.

abasile,

I see your'e in Arrowbear. My parents used to have a place up there on Badger lane. I hope to attempt a drive from Riverside near UCR to Lake Arrowhead this weekend. Have you been down the mountain with your leaf, how many bars did you have when you got back?

thanks,,

Craig

abasile,

I see you have a Quick 220 (P-102)., what do you think of it? I've have an oem evseupgrade unit I attached to the wall and just ordered another one to carry on-board.

craigc said:
I see your'e in Arrowbear. My parents used to have a place up there on Badger lane.
Very nice! Badger is in a pretty location, with good trail access.

craigc said:
I hope to attempt a drive from Riverside near UCR to Lake Arrowhead this weekend.
That should be quite doable. Start with 100% charge, and drive slowly and gently. Instead of staying on 18 the whole way up, take the lower-speed Old Waterman Canyon shortcut. Do you have a place to charge at Lake Arrowhead? If not, you might try charging at the 7/11 near the bottom of the mountain: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4680

craigc said:
Have you been down the mountain with your leaf, how many bars did you have when you got back?
Yes, many times. Check out: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3512

craigc said:
I see you have a Quick 220 (P-102)., what do you think of it?
It works well with my Rev1 EVSE upgrade. I've used it overnight at a place lacking 240 V outlets. Keep in mind, though, that the Rev2 EVSE upgrade draws more power.

planet4ever said:
TonyWilliams said:
UnFortunately, the world uses the english measuring system for many other things in flying (altitudes are in feet, except Russia and China, speeds are in knots/mach number).
Fixed that for you. It's lunacy that everything, everywhere, doesn't use the far simpler, far more common metric system.

Ray
Not lunacy...the reason knots and navigation (be it for avation or nautical) complement themseves is the handy fact that minutes of latitude equal 1 nautical mile...makes for easy math...try that using kilometers!! Kpc

Thinwing said:
planet4ever said:
It's lunacy that everything, everywhere, doesn't use the far simpler, far more common metric system.
Not lunacy...the reason knots and navigation (be it for avation or nautical) complement themseves is the handy fact that minutes of latitude equal 1 nautical mile...makes for easy math...try that using kilometers!! Kpc
... if you are going due north or south. But we are way off topic here.

Ray

TonyWilliams said:
johnr said:
just plot the route using "directions from ... to ..." and then hit "edit ... show elevation profile".

My Google Earth elevation profile pops up in metric !!! I cannot figure out how to change that. I guess I'll just learn the French measuring system.

Back