SD UNLOCK NG on navigation screen

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grommet said:
https://owners.nissanusa.com/ has a link to the LEAF portal at the login page, so you don't need to remember the URL.

"Attention Nissan LEAF™ Owners - We've created an exclusive online portal to maximize your ownership experience"
Thanks, somehow I completely missed that boldfaced, exclamation pointed link!

Crawlspace said:
So prove me wrong and make a $100.00 bucks. I have called three dealers in my area, the VIN has nothing to do with the sd card initial replacement. The sd card has to be married to the headunit from Clarion with the serial # etc. Maybe then when I have to have the head unit programed they do something with the VIN.

If you are willing to call your dealer and find out what they did that would be awesome.
I just wrote what happened. When the card came in, they just stuck it in the car and everything worked normally. No headunit swap required. No contacting Clarion.

I'm not trying to prove anything, just trying to describe my experience with this process.

I doubt they have a different and unique unlock key from car to car, but it's probably unique to the Leaf's Navi. If someone breaks the key on one, then that version is wide open. It matters not if they are encrypted different on different cars, so why go to the logistical hassle of having them per-unit keyed.

It's easy enough to check.

-Phil

I realize this thread is a bit stale, but I thought it couldn't hurt to confirm that the SD card can be replaced. I just bought a gently used 2012 Nissan Leaf last week and the dealer took out the SD card to protect it but ended up losing it. I made them order another one as part of the sale. I've been driving the vehicle for about 5 days without navigation, radio, bluetooth, etc. The card showed up today directly from Nissan. I unpackaged it, put it in, turned on the vehicle, and all works as it should.

The dealer told me the card cost $450.00, but the price directly on the package states $250.00. Whatever the cost, they are replaceable and can be ordered from Nissan.

Hey everyone! First post here. I just picked up a 2011 Leaf this past Saturday and love it! I have the same problem as one of the previous posters --- my car did not have the NAV SD card in it when I got it. I'm hoping someone on here can let me know what the part number of that card is. I know I have to get a brand new unused card for this to work. I understand that Navteq supposedly has an update out this month, but the card won't be available until sometime next month and I'm getting anxious to check out the display and its features. Plus, I hate not having a radio!!!

Thanks in advance!

George

geos56us said:
Hey everyone! First post here. I just picked up a 2011 Leaf this past Saturday and love it! I have the same problem as one of the previous posters --- my car did not have the NAV SD card in it when I got it. I'm hoping someone on here can let me know what the part number of that card is. I know I have to get a brand new unused card for this to work. I understand that Navteq supposedly has an update out this month, but the card won't be available until sometime next month and I'm getting anxious to check out the display and its features. Plus, I hate not having a radio!!!

Thanks in advance!

George
You have to get a card that is pre-programmed for use in your car. The dealership will use your VIN number to order the part as it is programmed remotely (for only your VIN) before it is delivered to the dealer.

Thanks DarkStar. I called the dealer earlier in the week and they told me to contact Navteq. I called them and the person I spoke with said there is a new release out this month but it won't be available for purchase at least until next month. She also told me that the SD card should run about $150.00. I am going to definitely have to research this further regarding the VIN. I was under the impression that a brand new card would work fine, but that the head unit actually writes to the card which in essence makes it then usable only in that car. To be continued!!!! :)

geos56us said:
Thanks DarkStar. I called the dealer earlier in the week and they told me to contact Navteq. I called them and the person I spoke with said there is a new release out this month but it won't be available for purchase at least until next month. She also told me that the SD card should run about $150.00. I am going to definitely have to research this further regarding the VIN. I was under the impression that a brand new card would work fine, but that the head unit actually writes to the card which in essence makes it then usable only in that car. To be continued!!!! :)
Your dealer doesn't know what they're talking about. The part number is 25920-3NA0A on my 2011 Nissan Leaf and they'll need your VIN to order it (and it's a lot more than $150). My guess is that Navteq will come out with an update card of some sort that we'll load from the secondary SD card slot, but if you can wait a month I'm sure we can all find out for you! (I'll certainly be buying the new release.)

DarkStar said:
geos56us said:
Your dealer doesn't know what they're talking about. The part number is 25920-3NA0A on my 2011 Nissan Leaf and they'll need your VIN to order it (and it's a lot more than $150). My guess is that Navteq will come out with an update card of some sort that we'll load from the secondary SD card slot, but if you can wait a month I'm sure we can all find out for you! (I'll certainly be buying the new release.)

$260 at http://www.everythingnissan.com/Nissan-Part-Number-25920-3NA0A-p/259203na0a-.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I imagine the "Out of Production" warning has more to do with it being a special order item.

stou0220 said:
I meant to upload this the other day. Here is the package my SD card came in with all the relevant info. The dealer I bought the Leaf from ordered this and had it on hand in 3 business days.

http://picpaste.com/photo-bI6mf0UR.JPG

This is excellent info! I am going to stop by the dealer with this info. I guess I may just have to get this card now and then the update card later on as well. That's the big question right now! I certainly appreciate all the quick responses. What a great forum!!!

stou0220 said:
I meant to upload this the other day. Here is the package my SD card came in with all the relevant info. The dealer I bought the Leaf from ordered this and had it on hand in 3 business days.

http://picpaste.com/photo-bI6mf0UR.JPG

Hi all, I received some more info on the SD card today. I contacted Nissan (their Leaf division) and they researched this for me. It turns out that you do not need the original card --- the update is all you need. The problem is, it has been due out for quite some time now and they have no idea when it will really be available. They have been having programming issues. They said they could order the original card for me, but it is on backorder and will take at least 2 weeks for the order to go through (no big deal). It would be shipped to a local dealer of my choosing and would run $417.00. I told him that I thought that price sounded really high to me! He said the mark-up can be anywhere from 25 to 130% depending on what part of the country the dealership is in. Is there anyone on the forum who can recommend a dealership that isn't a ripoff?! I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right decision purchasing a Nissan product ...

Look into the dealerships tha sell online. I never remember which one I have used and their website names are often generic even though they are run by real dealerships.

Nissan really got us here with their Clarion. I would never buy factory installed Navi unit - for the fraction of the cost U can get much better Kenwood or something else, but with Leaf there is no options for aftermarket one - am I correct?

Viktor said:
Nissan really got us here with their Clarion. I would never buy factory installed Navi unit - for the fraction of the cost U can get much better Kenwood or something else, but with Leaf there is no options for aftermarket one - am I correct?

Yeah Viktor, unfortunately everything is integrated into the nav screen. Right now I have no radio, no climate control display, etc. The back-up camera is the only thing that works. One dealer I spoke with said they didn't have a listing for the card --- just the whole unit for $6000.00! I just need to take my time, shop around a bit and see what I can come up with. I have bought parts online before from dealerships for other makes, I just need to find one for Nissan as QueenBee suggests!

I received my new card today and it works like a charm. I ordered it from Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX. But for those of you who are interested, I noticed tonight that the 2013 update is now available for our cars! Check out nissannavigation.com. My timing was off about a week! Oh well, I'm just happy I can now play the radio, use the nav system, check energy usage, etc. I'm lovin' the car and have put about 900 miles on it in the month that I've had it!

Whoever gets the 2013 Nav update and describes
the differences between it and the 2011 Nav...
gets... well, something nice from a loved one.

But, start a new thread for "2013 Nav Update Features".

Back