Exact GPS in keys? Or one key fob finds another?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlsoaz

Is there some sort of GPS built into the keys? If not, should there be?

Sorry if part of this has been covered, I am going through lost keys (house+car) and am distressed.

[edited later, found my keys, still, maybe it's an idea for Nissan to consider if one key fob could find another, or something like this? Perhaps sell at the point of sale one of the suggestions made by others?]

That would imply some type of rechargeable battery in the key, wouldn't it? You'd also have to constantly plug the key in to keep the battery level high enough to be effective.

Then, if the key is lost inside a structure where it can't receive a GPS signal, it wouldn't help anyway.

mwalsh said:
You can buy keyfinder technology to attach to the fob. Get one with a desktop transmitter though. It sort of sounds like you might loose the pocket kind (no offense). ;)

Thanks, is there a way to use the second key fob to find the first? Or perhaps that would be an idea to install (without having to install GPS tech?). Perhaps installing the sort of keyfinder tech you're referencing? I do have the second Nissan key fob.

Here's an affordable solution that should soon be available; recently funded on IndieGoGo for $932,000.

StickNFind- Bluetooth Powered ultra small Location Stickers

http://www.indiegogo.com/sticknfind" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back