Annoying to change Dash Brightness

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Computerizer

The one thing I have found most annoying in my LEAF is how I have to change to brightness of the dash backlights. In all other cars I've driven, there is a dial/knob or +/- rocker buttons so that I can change the brightness up and down at any time. In the LEAF, however, there is just a single button which increases the brightness one unit at a time, eventually wrapping around to completely off. This means if I'm at, say, brightness level 2 and I want to go to level 1, I have to press the button (guessing) 9 times. As I often adjust the brightness of the display for best safety and easy of use (I want it to be as dim as possible without being so dim I can't read it), this is quite annoying.

Agreed, annoying. I just leave it in the middle, which is often times not bright enough, or too bright, but acceptable. Avoids the hassle altogether LOL

LEAFfan said:
This is your MOST annoying thing?? This one doesn't even come CLOSE to the 'OK' at startup for me.
That was annoying at first but I don't even notice it anymore -- it's just an automatic thing I do when I get in the car as part of my routine to turn the car on.

LEAFfan said:
This is your MOST annoying thing?? This one doesn't even come CLOSE to the 'OK' at startup for me.

Haha... my wife gets so annoyed by that, that she has started to press the OK screen as soon as I start the car. As we commute to work together so 90% of my driving is with her, it is like having an automatic button presser... LOL

Stoaty said:
Since I never adjust the brightness, a non-issue for me.

+1! I always keep it one from the brightest so it can be seen in the sun, and it dims automatically when the headlights turn on.

Back