or gain any capacity bars in the coming months. Also, does any one have
document or link to the "spec table from the Nissan bulletin?", Opossum is
Lastly does anybody elses LEAFs get warm (toasty) while charging, like Opossums
does when Fast Charging 440-volt or even 220-volt or 110-volt charging?
opossum wrote:We've had our car at a dealership or the Nissan test facility roughly 5 times now. Each trip was useless (to us, the owners). We're now pursuing other options that have more potential benefit. We're about 2 steps away from resorting to driving the car through the front door of Mark Perry's office at full speed.mksE55 wrote:Are you in Contact with your dealer, I would state this is direct proof your battery is shot and will not make the 5 year 20% or 10 yr 30% rule.
Precooling in the morning while plugged in. Minimal or no A/C on the way to work, provided I leave early enough and can get away with it. If necessary, I keep the A/C fan setting low (1 or 2 bars). My commutes are about 75% flat freeway. 58mph in the slow lane, provided I'm not pissing off lots of people. Slow down a bit on inclines, then speed back up on the declines. Timing lights and minimal braking on the city streets. Eco mode only. Today's first 50 miles did include a 1-way trek down SR-51, which gave me a handful of downhill miles. Otherwise, I would have probably been in the high 4s per kWhr.mksE55 wrote:I still dont know how you guys can drive in normal traffic and get 5.1mile/Kwhr. On my best slow day extra careful I was barely able to squeak out 4.6. I normally run 3.9.
My bad. I transposed the two numbers, but the math part was correct. It must have been the heat being given off as my batteries were being fast-charged that put me in an altered mental state while I typed that on my phone.Volusiano wrote:There's something wrong with what you're saying. I think you meant to say SOC was 37% remaining, 63% used.
It's also right in line with the range test we did before our car went to the Casa Grande facility, where our mileage to 1 SOC bar remaining was roughly 25-30% lower than the spec table from the Nissan bulletin.Volusiano wrote:But the fact that your calculation comes out to 73.4% battery capacity is very close to your 3 bar loss (15+6.25+6.25)=27.5%. So that does seem to imply that the L3 SOC by Blink is more accurate than the SOC bars by the LEAF.