2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your credit score is good enough, you should be able to get a money factor of 0.00071, right now. This is far better than the money factor rates on leases offered in 2011 and early this year.

Beyond that, it's a matter of whether a dealer will sell the car below MSRP. For whatever reason, Florida dealers are hardly offering any discounts at all, although it does get better the farther north in the state you go. The best advertised deals I've seen in the southeast U.S. are from Dobbs Nissan in Memphis. It looks like they've knocked about $3,500 off MSRP, when the dealer service fee is taken into account. However, if they aren't willing to offer shipping and leases to out-of-state residents, it only really matters to those in Tennessee.

Thanks for the info on Dobbs, I don't think it's going to happen ($200/mo w/ zero down).

It's probably for the best, we should either add a 2nd Volt or wait for a Leaf or FFE with a 6.6 (+). The sprawl here is amazing. Summer soccer is 35 miles RT, museum is 40 RT, zoo is 60 RT, airport is 70 RT. It would be too close on a lot of trips and the 3.3 charger is too slow for us.

I hope they turn on the lights at Tennessee (very) soon.

Gone wild, aren't you the one that Nissan replaced your battery with a new one when you lost a bar or two ? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

mkjayakumar said:
Gone wild, aren't you the one that Nissan replaced your battery with a new one when you lost a bar or two ? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
Yes read my Sig, I have been added to the list of cars in AZ. Per Mark Perry. This will be my third battery.

If they do not have a real fix like some cooling I will ask to cancel my lease if possible.

gsleaf said:
Just picked up a 39 month lease (15k) on a SL for $291/month with 0 down.

I suspect you got a deal that included the $5000 discount that Nissan was offering, that just expired July 31, 2012. Does that include all taxes? Or are you in a state like Washington that doesn't tax EV's?

TonyWilliams said:
gsleaf said:

I suspect you got a deal that included the $5000 discount that Nissan was offering, that just expired July 31, 2012. Does that include all taxes? Or are you in a state like Washington that doesn't tax EV's?

I'm in OR, but it did included all feeds. No sales tax here. :) It may have been the deal that just expired, but we got the lease in August after that date.

gsleaf said:

Wow! Great deal. Please help the rest of us by posting particulars. Assume you mean you paid $0 to pick up and only have 38 more $291 monthly payments until you must decide whether to buy ($X fee + stated reserve amount) OR turn back in ($Y fee and no other charges unless excess mileage or > ordinary wear & tear).

Assume you also have Tier 1 credit for this sort of $ factor (0.00071). What is the reserve amount? Are they bumping that # up to make the leases more attractive to move 2012s in advance of Smyrna coming online?

Yeah, I just have the 38 or 39 $291 payments. The money factor was 0.00071. I'm pretty sure the residual was 44%. MSRP was listed as $38270. The selling price after all the fees and discounts was $26,997 (I can get the details if needed). Am I missing anything else?

jpa2825 said:
Wow! Great deal. Please help the rest of us by posting particulars. Assume you mean you paid $0 to pick up and only have 38 more $291 monthly payments until you must decide whether to buy ($X fee + stated reserve amount) OR turn back in ($Y fee and no other charges unless excess mileage or > ordinary wear & tear).

Assume you also have Tier 1 credit for this sort of $ factor (0.00071). What is the reserve amount? Are they bumping that # up to make the leases more attractive to move 2012s in advance of Smyrna coming online?

From another thread (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), does your paperwork resemble this? Obviously no sales tax helps, but wonder where the other savings are found. Trying to start my negotiations soon.

-------------

I paid nothing out of pocket to drive the Leaf home. 38 payments of $367 is everything out the door for the lease.

The negotiated price, including the cargo organizer and floor mats, was 35384. They rolled in the sales tax (851.68) and acquisition fee (595) to come up with a gross cap cost of 36830.

Next they used the rebate (7500) to pay the first month's payment (367.94) and fees (7.25 title fee, 470.50 registration, 75 doc fee, 5 wheelage tax) and the remainder of the rebate (6574.31) was applied to the lease as a cap cost reduction.

The lease paperwork looks like:
gross cap cost 36830.68 minus
capitalized cost reduction 6574.31 equals
adjusted capitalized cost 30256.37
residual value 17221.50

i'm happy to answer anything else to help you get the same deal or better. hopefully better.

Saw this ad $99 a month for lease, until I looked at fine print...

http://images.motorwebs.com/webs/EastsideNissan_V2/pdfs/PDF1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

front page on http://www.eastsidenissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greenwayleaf said:
gsleaf said:

Which dealer? All the locals I've looked at advertise the standard Nissan price of $319/month for the lease!

Beaverton Nissan. Pm me if you are looking to pickup a lease.

Portland Nissa has a deal for 300/month 0 down right now too.

gsleaf said:
greenwayleaf said:
gsleaf said:

Which dealer? All the locals I've looked at advertise the standard Nissan price of $319/month for the lease!

Beaverton Nissan. Pm me if you are looking to pickup a lease.

Portland Nissa has a deal for 300/month 0 down right now too.

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you got a great deal from Beaverton. I've always had a tough time dealing with them. I went ahead with the Nissan of Portland deal ($299/m for 39 months). Happy to report this will be the second household leaf, replacing a 2007 Prius!

I have a 36 month 15,000 mile per year lease and I am going to cancel the lease. How do they figure the miles I just I have 24,000 mile on the car is it prorated or am I past the first 12 month working on my next 15,000 12 month period?

Gonewild said:
I have a 36 month 15,000 mile per year lease and I am going to cancel the lease. How do they figure the miles I just I have 24,000 mile on the car is it prorated or am I past the first 12 month working on my next 15,000 12 month period?

You're obligated for 36 payments of whatever your monthly lease is. There's not a "early out" clause.

I'd find a better way to get out of the car, and you certainly have those means available to you with so much battery / range issues.

http://www.azag.gov/consumer/cars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ARIZONA’S LEMON LAW

New Car

The Arizona Lemon Law has a number of specific provisions. You should read the law, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau AUTO LINE Program or consult with an attorney if your new car is a lemon. Here are the basics.

The period covered by the Lemon Law is the term of the manufacturer’s warranty or two years or 24,000 miles, whichever is earlier. This covered period begins on the date of delivery of the vehicle to the consumer.

If there is a problem with the car that substantially impairs the use and value of the car and does not conform to the express warranty of the manufacturer, the consumer should report it to the manufacturer.

The report must be made during the covered period.

The manufacturer or its authorized dealers can repair or correct the defect, accept return of the car or replace the car with a new car.

There is a limit on the number of times a consumer must allow the manufacturer to repair the car and the amount of time the car can be out of service. If during the covered period, the manufacturer fails to successfully repair the defect after four attempts, or the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days, the manufacturer must accept return of the car or replace the car with a new car.

Back