Nissan Conspiracy Theories

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ericsf said:
I really meant to find out some more about Sharyn from independent sources and half of what came out which wasn't her own websites was about her trying to do stand-up comedy.
http://www.laughspin.com/2010/11/10...nd-up-career-but-does-she-have-what-it-takes/
http://www.coolsprings.com/tag/sharyn-bovat/
IMO, this smells too much like a disgruntled employee who's trying to take revenge at her former employer. I'm not buying.

PS : I'm totally drinking Carlos's CoolAid and I want more!

The Reason WHY I took the Stand Up Comedy Class is because the local paper would NOT report the fraud and I wanted publicity to stop the fraud. women in management at NISSAN declined from 20.9% in 2006 to 10% in 2009 the year that I whistle blew and nobody cared. Tennessee is a Good Ole Boy state. The comedy is a way for me to "vent" and I'm not very good. Still it's a way for me to exorcise my 1st amendment right.

The more people that know about the discrimination and fraud the more chance that "change will happen".

here's a video of me explaining WHY I did the comedy.

http://youtu.be/-UoKzeaCHg0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't bother : copy paste of the "blogs" in a PDF. Can't wait to see it all over again in DOC, XPS and MSO. I'm out.

Feeding the troll : Guilty as charged.

PS:
Still it's a way for me to exorcise my 1st amendment right
LMAO. Please give another shot at standup. You do have something.

Congrats to my ignore list and good luck on your whatever it is - I couldn't follow your technical analysis and I'm sorry the criticism is humiliating but the whining and banter is very irritating.

Nekota said:
I'm sorry the criticism is humiliating but the whining and banter is very irritating.

Sorry you find me annoying: Most people "feeding off of the Federal trough" don't like me.
Good Luck to you and SIr people that don't bother wanting to understand a problem annoy me. I wish some of you in this forum would call NISSAN and ask them questions about their "true" intentions of the NISSAN Leaf.

Peace and Respect to All

Sharyn

jspearman said:
I suggest we combine this with the gun discussion.

I respectfully think that the issue of federal spending and the NISSAN Leaf if different than GUNS
My opinion on guns is at http://www.romney-mcdonnell2012.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will keep my post on this forum strictly about the NISSAN leaf and hope to start a dialoge that helps the planet.
My dad died of lung cancer and AIr Quality is an issue that is important to me.Is someone going to insult me for saying that?

Have a Great Night!

I will post an email from a person that worked at NISSAN soon. It will make you wish you bought a VOLT

Sharyn, your posts and blogs really are all over the place. It makes it difficult for anyone to follow you arguments.
Don't take that personally, it is meant to be constructive criticism. Hopefully you can take it as such and improve your delivery.

Regarding the battery, you use a lot of emotionally laden terms "totally worthless in 5 years" is about the most concrete comment I could find in all of your posts. Can you give us more detail. Such as:
What state is it in at the end of 5 years? Zero capacity, 50%, somewhere in between?
Under what conditions? We are seeing some battery degradation in extremely hot climates. Is it just those hot climates where the batteries would, in your words, become totally useless in 5 years?
Any other issues other than overall capacity? If so, under what conditions?

If only that were true. :roll: I wouldn't mind terribly if that exorcism started right here on this forum.

PS That darn ignore list is getting longer and longer.

Zythryn said:
Sharyn, your posts and blogs really are all over the place. It makes it difficult for anyone to follow you arguments.
Don't take that personally, it is meant to be constructive criticism. Hopefully you can take it as such and improve your delivery.

Regarding the battery, you use a lot of emotionally laden terms "totally worthless in 5 years" is about the most concrete comment I could find in all of your posts. Can you give us more detail. Such as:
What state is it in at the end of 5 years? Zero capacity, 50%, somewhere in between?
Under what conditions? We are seeing some battery degradation in extremely hot climates. Is it just those hot climates where the batteries would, in your words, become totally useless in 5 years?
Any other issues other than overall capacity? If so, under what conditions?

Your right and that is my blogs are ALL OVER THE PLACE. I only started blogging because after I whistle blew people connected to Greg Kelly and HR harassed me and I wanted people to know what was going on. I told Mr. Tavares who was my client (a NISSAN board member that I was going to start a blog to expose the problems at NISSAN. Mr. Tavares was President of Nissan North America and he was upset about the discrimination and he wanted to fire people in HR but he could not do that because Carlos Ghosn's office in Japan said no. People connected to Mr. Tavares "fed" me information to blog about. I'm NOT an EV expert. I just listened to experts and then reworded it so their identity could be kept secret. I've done this for 3 years. NEVER did i think I've have a blog with MILLIONS of hits over 1,000,000 request from over 110 countries. It's terrifying. Bad News Greg Kelly is NOW a NISSAN board member , he took Tavares's position. Tavares did NOT want NISSAN to commit fraud.

"....The outdated battery technology nissan is using is "un predictable" with real
range for the first year. It needs a minimum if 100 charges and discharges to "stabalize" Thus the range reader will go from 95 miles to 75 miles in a matter of minutes... Creating unpredictable expectations. Then after the first year it degragates to about 85% then in year 4 it's about 60% so by 2015 those driving with NO ac or heat driving and driving at the "preferred" style & speed will ONLY get 60 miles per charge... In the real world most drivers will get only 45 miles per charge in 2015. What nissan needs to do is to have a heating and cooling system to protect the
battery from degradation. Get this!!! They're planning on blaming degradation
on the "quick chargers"...."

the above is from an email I sent to the editor of the Tennessean in February 2011.

Mark Silverman KNEW I was being railroaded by NISSAN he wanted to report the story but Gannett management would not let him. OUt of desperation I started http://www.sorrysilverman.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about my relationship with the Ben Bradlee winning editor. I needed people to believe me. Mark did and he could NOT help. The reason wjhy the mainstream media did not report it is because the EV is President Obama'a Pet Projoct. You will see on that website a text message from him saying in the emails congress requesed from the white house my blog is probably mentioned.

I'm going to post emails to and from the Gannett/Tennessean editor.

-----Original Message-----
To: Sharyn Bovat <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Apr 14, 2011 8:01 am
Subject: RE: Leaf battery

This is good. Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:53 AM
To: Silverman, Mark
Subject: Leaf battery

Mark

******************* ............ R & D engineer currently at nissan Confirmed it's the
same.battery technology

I asked him if it was possible to get less than 20 mpc

This guy is GREEN and a Californian whose so mad at the DOE and he's becoming
right wing. This car is a rolling disaster. He said fords new battery cooling
system should take Care of some of the leafs problems. But does not see ev's
succeeding in "most" of America. Also he said hydrogen MUCH better.

FYI Nissan (did not encourage those that worked on EV to move to tn) ghosn said
it was useless. Then "something" changed his mind. Most likely the "free"
money.

So for NIssan Now to open An EV R & D in mountain view ca makes sense.

I could "rant" about the wasted money and the money they "burned"
marketing it but you've heard that from me before

Also, from another source due to the "lack" of intellectual property some higher
paying positions are going.

TN might be called the HQ but it will slowly be a back office. Too bad if the
good ole boys hired "qualified" people that might not have hppened.

I want to work where they're harboring the smart people.

Have a great day!!

Sharyn

Current Concern: Quick chargers should not be built until America has one plug in standard for fast chargers.

Too much money is being wasted and Gannett remains silent

??? WHY President Obama's Pet Project

??? WHY Americans are suffering in this bad economy. The people need the press to ask the tough questions and to report the news that will promote better
use of taxpayer spending

??? WHY is "this" issue not read about in the Gannett owned Tennessean.......Also, jobs will NOT be created as promised.

To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 2:23 pm
Subject: RE: this is only going to ONLY "3" News sources.....but it's also on my blog......
OMG

Also, one of our business reporter has been test driving a Leaf all week. He almost was stranded because battery life isn't what it's supposed to be, even when new. Story to come in a week or two.

To: Mark Silverman <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm
Subject: Nissan battery update
Mark

There's a reason why your reporter almost got stranded. Update below!!!

OMG!!! Just talked to LA ...*********************************...
This is funny i said "i wanted to live in a city where i don't need a car".... Please don't repeat that. I did follow up by saying i'd get a Z "if" i got the job :):) I hate the zig zag head lights so thinking of getting a "vintage" Z.

Have a Great Day!!!!

Sharyn

Nissan battery degradation update... UPDATE

The outdated battery technology nissan is using is "un predictable" with real
range for the first year. It needs a minimum if 100 charges and discharges to
"stabalize" Thus the range reader will go from 95 miles to 75 miles in a
matter of minutes... Creating unpredictable expectations.

Then after the first year it degragates to about 85% then in year 4 it's about
60% so by 2015 those driving with NO ac or heat driving and driving at the
"preferred" style & speed will ONLY get 60 miles per charge... In the real
world most drivers will get only 45 miles per charge in 2015.
What nissan needs to do is to have a heating and cooling system to protect the
on the "quick chargers"

OK.... I'm sure Mr. Tavares is fixing the problem.

Sent from my iPad=

Stoaty said:
If only that were true. :roll: I wouldn't mind terribly if that exorcism started right here on this forum.

I made a spelling error. WOW!!

When I make a mistake a "own it".... when NISSAN makes one the taxpayers suffer.

Too bad you don't care that the collateral for the NISSAN loan is a tax payer backed IDB bond.
The Obama donor that got the contract didn't care.

http://www.nissanwhistleblower.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is from a letter that I sent certified to many members of congress. the last comment refer to Leaf owners.
This was sent in Sept. 2011

NISSAN & Renault took over a billion dollars of US DOE/Stimulus funds and money from 5 other countries: Japan, France, USA, Portugal & England to build capacity for 500.000 Leafs per year.

NISSAN told the Shareholders the goal was to sell 250,000 a year. That means 1/2 the jobs promised will NOT happen,

NISSAN moved to Tennessee in 2006 promised 1300 HQ jobs, only 831 are in existence

NISSAN then took more government money for 1300 “factory” jobs. I was told the #’s are the same to “confuse” the masses

NISSAN has to sell 500,000 Leafs to "break even" & as of September they've sold a little over 6000
(Ghosn said 100,000 would be sold by 2012 that's obviously NOT happening)

NISSAN took a DOE loan of 1.4 Billion. It was relayed to me that NISSAN’s operating margins don’t allow for DOE debt repayment if the Leaf is a flop.

NISSAN CEO Carlos Ghosn took the money expecting the Leaf to be a flop that is why the design was a bit "off" the range is 30% less than expected if the AC is on it is 60% below what was promised to the government. Tesla CEO from the start said NISSAN was using "dinosaur" technology.

NISSAN used the battery created in the C.A.R.B. days (in the late 90's California required automakers to make a % of EV's in every fleet and "that's the technology that Ghosn and his executives used after taking DOE money. Some NISSAN employee’s suspect LOTS of the 1.4 billion was pocketed by "friends of Obama/Ghosn" who became "consultants"...??? How about an audit :):)

NISSAN customers will suffer for the battery will degregate more and more each year, the range will consistently become LOWER. They got a lemon.

NISSAN has committed FRAUD!!!

Oh no, she followed me from youtube to here. She's got plenty of videos on there regarding this "issue" and watching them is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Sorry lady, but you're nuts and while this forum welcomes everybody to participate, you're going to have a tough time here selling your "message" here.

Bring some solid facts, not this "he said, she said" FUD. Until then, you're just that crazy cat lady that everybody ignores.

sharynbovat said:
NISSAN & Renault took over a billion dollars of US DOE/Stimulus funds and money from 5 other countries: Japan, France, USA, Portugal & England to build capacity for 500.000 Leafs per year.
Will you pls stop the Anti-EV FUD ?

First list all the money that various BIG OIL companies have taken before proceeding with your anti-EV agenda.

I see no particular reason why this forum should support your personal vendetta against Nissan at the expense of anti-EV FUD.

sharynbovat said:
i NEVER said there was a conspiracy. Someone on this forum is just trying to humiliate me. Lots of people personally got lots of the DOE cash and they knew the car was "built to fail"

Sharyn

I unlocked this thread as you have a right to your opinion like everyone else. However, I asked you to be specific and you were not. What exactly was "built to fail" and please describe in detail. If you are unable to answer these specific questions shortly you will be tuned out and no one is going to care about what you say. Please give examples of LEAF specific issues, if you can't please leave the forum unless you have something positive to contribute. Spewing generalities is not going to win an audience and if you are unable to talk about specific LEAF issues I will lock the thread as this is not a forum to vent your issue with Nissan. Make your argument with details and examples or go elsewhere.
Moderator.

sharynbovat said:
In the real world most drivers will get only 45 miles per charge in 2015. What nissan needs to do is to have a heating and cooling system to protect the
on the "quick chargers"...."

That's a clever angle, and I have to give a big slap on the back to Nissan management, if in fact this is from them. I doubt that this statement is something you can specifically identify with any Nissan employee.

The quick charge network didn't materialize for LEAF drivers to brutalize the battery with. My car has 15-18% degradation in one year, even while following all the Nissan battery care recommendations. Not exactly a good position for Nissan (to blame me) or to brag how good their battery is. I just completed the annual battery report; five stars on everything !!! I suspect I could have had 50% degradation and gotten five stars.

I do, however, believe the basic concept that these batteries issues were expected and known. There is NO WAY that these batteries were going to survive without TMS, and they aren't. Obviously, Nissan knew that at every level. They know it know, and we're living it now.

See Sharyn, you need to focus, you mention half a dozen different things not related to the technical aspects of the Leaf, which is what you were asked. Just focus if you want to get your ideas across.

As for this gem
This guy is GREEN and a Californian whose so mad at the DOE and he's becoming
right wing. This car is a rolling disaster. He said fords new battery cooling
system should take Care of some of the leafs problems. But does not see ev's
succeeding in "most" of America. Also he said hydrogen MUCH better.

This seems unbelievable, or someone is pulling your leg.
EVs are doing just fine, and will continue to improve.
As for Hydrogen, the only people pushing Hydrogen are oil companies as they see a way to keep a stranglehold on the delivery aspect. Hydrogen is an awful option if you want to go green.

As to the battery, from what I have heard, the Leaf used to have an issue with wildly fluctuating range estimates, but doesn't anymore. This didn't seem to be a battery issue as much as a software issue. If one of the Leaf owners could address this that would be appreciated.
As for loss of capacity, some are experiencing this. But from the information it sounds like everyone should be??

Personally, I look forward to swapping that battery in 5 years for a double density, battery (A123 anyone?) that goes at least 200 freeway miles and is not affected/degraded by high ambient temperature. And it will cost 300 bucks per kW OR LESS.

And once that happens maybe I'll plunk down some more money for a leather swap. :eek:

Zythryn, the "range estimation" on the dash is based completely on very recent driving efficiency. (I tend to just pay attention to the fuel bars.) It's # is just a guess (hence our "Guess-O-Meter"/GOM nickname), and obviously can't predict the future. As you get to empty, it does become less optimistic.

Tony's Range Chart can help you understand the capabilities of the vehicle:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back