SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good guess, but just "another era", not a "forgotten" era (grin), which is possibly where/when both your dad and I come from.

We read books, and "painted" the scenes in our minds. We used math to figure our change. It was "addition", not "the co-joining of disjoint discrete sets". We didn't feel the need to show off our underware, and a quarter would buy TWO features at the "movies", or a gallon of gas. Skates clamped onto the soles of our shoes. Priducts were actually made in the USA. Also, you could drink the water in the mountains, and breathe the air without seeing it first.

In this case, the "era" is closer than than those very "good" days of the distant past.

19 guesses left :)

garygid said:
We read books, and "painted" the scenes in our minds. We used math to figure our change. It was "addition", not "the co-joining of disjoint discrete sets". We didn't feel the need to show off our underware, and a quarter would buy TWO features at the "movies", or a gallon of gas. Skates clamped onto the soles of our shoes. Priducts were actually made in the USA. Also, you could drink the water in the mountains, and breathe the air without seeing it first.
Ok. You just proved to me that the oil & gas industry is heavily subsidized, and the movies are not. Else going to two movies would cost $3 :geek:

That's 3 more guesses, 16 left.

Not any of those, but I did have a WONDERFUL, "silent", powerful ride in an Abner Doble steam (flash boiler) car a long time ago, near Walnut Creek, CA.

Hints: Think smaller, and of an "era" that is ... more recent. And, with or without "BeanO", "passes no gas".

Optimistic:
Yes, I suspect that the world will recover ... eventually. Perhaps after the passing of the electric age, or perhaps without the biped-who-thought-too-much and cared-too-little. Yes, certainly optimistic, it seems!

Movie: I love Avatar, both technically and for my long lost, wonderful, caring, "colored" people. At the meeting ask me about "food coloring".

I know that some earth-creatures consider themselves to be "not-colored", but I don't think I have ever actually seen a "white" person, or even one in a glacial pearl color. :)

On a space ship going to the stars, what would they do with somebody who would pee into the drinking water tanks?

No, 15 left.
Have you not played "20 Questions" before?

All Yes/No questions, of course:
Is it smaller than a toothbrush?
Is it something a strong man could carry?

Hint: He/She/It will ride with me in my 2010 Prius.

Thanks to all who are making the EFFORT to come to this first gathering. That willingness is what will give us "strangers" a chance to become friends.
CHEERS, all!

I like the idea of an early "gathering" of soon-to-be Leafers. It is a bit of a drive from Claremont, but I will plan to be at your breakfast Sat Sept 18 in Santa Ana. There should be lots to talk about, even without the car. How many folks have signed up so far?

I have also signed-up for a Leaf test-drive Friday, Oct 8 at the OC Auto Show in Anaheim. Perhaps I will see some of you folks there as well. It looks like Anaheim is only the second stop in the tour after Santa Monica.

5 "No" answers, so 10 questions left.

Looks like we might have 8 (+/-) show up for the HTB breakfast.

HINTS:
1. You could carry it in one arm.
2. Mostly vegetable.
3. Reminds one of bigger things.
4. Related to EV things.

5!... so what time are you planning on getting there? I'm coming from Santa Monica and don't mind getting there early as I'm a morning person but I don't want to get there too early.

Back