Residential Blink report

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

Since the upgrade in February, my residential Blink has been recording and reporting data flawlessly.
I get a good report of every day's usage, start time, etc.
it has not cycled out, and it totals up my cost.

I have a hardwired unit.

Is this the common experience or does it matter whether you are wifi to get such good performance?

Firmware Version
E1.10

P.S.
As part of the EV use experience, nothing is more pleasurable than driving by the gas station and the simplicity of filling up by plugging in and just forgetting about.

As reported elsewhere, mine never had any issues before the update and continues to work flawlessly after the update. Not 1 reset needed since it was installed 8/2011. Mine has always been hardwired into a powerline adapter.

mine has worked perfectly from day one. I used a public blink last night that also worked. I'm planning on going out of my way to check to see if various public ones are working... the time has come draw the line. either they have gotten it together or they need to be replaced with a company who can.

While my home unit has had only one charge failure in 13 months (I charge every night), the ones we have at work are very unreliable (I believe they use wifi, while my unit is hard-wired). I was victim of a perpetually rebooting unit yesterday, and my co-workers who use it daily are getting very frustrated with Ecotality.

GaslessInSeattle said:
mine has worked perfectly from day one. I used a public blink last night that also worked. I'm planning on going out of my way to check to see if various public ones are working... the time has come draw the line. either they have gotten it together or they need to be replaced with a company who can.

Mine never had any issues before the update and continues to work after the update.
I am using WiFi connection to DD-WRT Linksys router.

Before having a wired network connection, it was constantly failing. Now with the wired connection, it is working fine (didnt have to cycle in months).
However, this was the same with the 1.8 version, so I cannot tell if 2.0 improved things (unless I unplug the network cable...)

Back