San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
One single "ChargePro" L2

No card needed.

Walgreens
13390 Poway Road (at Community Road)
Poway, CA 92064

(858) 435-7580

Your picture clearly shows the ChargePro lit up, but when I was there on 3/17/2012 it was offline and the manager said it wasn't in service yet. I could have used the charge that night too.

kevin672 said:
TonyWilliams said:

No card needed.

Walgreens
Poway, CA 92064

(858) 435-7580

Your picture clearly shows the ChargePro lit up, but when I was there on 3/17/2012 it was offline and the manager said it wasn't in service yet. I could have used the charge that night too.

I used it yesterday.

TonyWilliams said:
kevin672 said:
TonyWilliams said:

No card needed.

Walgreens
Poway, CA 92064

(858) 435-7580

I used it yesterday.

Crap, my bad. You clearly posted about the one in Poway. The one that is not in service is the one on Midway drive. I'm sorry about that. :oops: It's this one that's not in service as of 3/17. Walgreens (ChargePro) - 3005 Midway Dr - 1 unit (free) They do look about the same.

Tried to register for a SemaCharge card today and got almost all the way through their process (including giving up my CC info), but the promised email with the verification code never came. I called the 24/7 customer service number but since they're back east I was told that they were closed for the day (so it's not really 24/7 if you don't have a VERY simple question/problem beyond something like: "where's my promised email?").

There was no option on their website for the "free card" to use only on the free chargers (which I'd heard about). We'll see if the $20.00 card ever arrives or I get a response to my phone call. This reminds me of trying to register with the ChargePoint folks. Lame website interface that doesn't work on a Mac with either Firefox or Internet Exploder and an even lamer guy on the phone from Mumbai who seemed to try really hard to understand what my issue was, but in the end was as useless as tits on a boar. Gave him all my info and my issues over a month ago and haven't heard boo back from them yet. Shocker. Guess I'll try it again on a Windoze machine at work sometime if I still care to ever use their ONE 110V charger in the entire county. :p

Also sent SemaCharge an email inquiring about the date for a planned Android app (they have an iPhone one). I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Could we list all the DC chargers that we might drive to in SoCal, like:

Mitsubishi Headquarters
6400 Katella
Cypress

and the newly operational:

Eaton DC QC Limited to 40kW

7-Eleven (#34758)
3993 N Sierra Way
San Bernardino

Added the DC Fast in Cypress and San Bernadino (per Tony's request), and the new Blink L2 unit downtown at 401 B St in the Wells Fargo Building....

I have been by SDG&E's Energy Innovation Center on Clairemont Mesa Avenue several times in the last few months and there's a DC charger there but I was told yesterday that it's for SDG&E Fleet LEAFs only :-(. Do you have any more information Randy?
DC%2520Charger_SDG%2526E.JPG

Yes, the JFE DC Fast Charger at the EIC location is part of a utility R&D project. It has a built-in battery pack so that the grid demand is reduced while the battery/charger can charge a car at the full DC FC rate. It is looking like a very nice product. It has been tested successfully with a generator as the power source, but is not fully connected to the grid just yet. Once the permit process is completed and signed off, it will be connected to the grid and placed in-service.

The information you received is correct about the charger being for utility Fleet vehicles at this time. This is due to a CPUC decision (Alternative Fuel Vehicle OIR) that came out last summer prohibiting utilities from owning public charging infrastructure (among other things).

If anything changes, I'll certainly let the group know...

Does anybody have updates on the status of the supposed DC charger in Santa Ysabel? I was there recently and there doesn't seem to be much to it except a 3 way intersection. Also, at the new Ramona Library there's 2 spots for low emissions vehicles but no EVSE installed - wonder if Ecotality approached them about installing Blink units.

Here are the Blink chargers at Miramar College. They have 6 chargers installed.

Need a Staff/Faculty permit until 6 p.m. After that time students can park there also but with a student permit. When these pictures were taken at about 5:30 none were in use. Later at about 6:15 still none were being used but four of the six parking spots were ICE'd.

Plugshare lists a new installation in Oceanside: 195 South Tremont, Oceanside, CA 92054

But it's not showing up on Blink's map. Can anyone confirm it's there and working?

That would be the Oceanside Transit Center. Yes, new Blinks are there and they'll be on the map in a few days...

eHelmholtz said:
Does anybody have updates on the status of the supposed DC charger in Santa Ysabel? I was there recently and there doesn't seem to be much to it except a 3 way intersection. Also, at the new Ramona Library there's 2 spots for low emissions vehicles but no EVSE installed - wonder if Ecotality approached them about installing Blink units.

The installation prep at Santa Ysabel is progressing; it will take a bit more time to get installed...

Just letting you know that our Blink chargers at NCTD's Oceanside Transit Center are live. Connected to a 75kW solar canopy. Finally. This was a brutal project.

http://bit.ly/H87I49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

195 Tremont
Oceanside, CA 92054

7 level 2 blink chargers. And yes they are live - I was the one who added on plugshare. I am disappointed they took so long, but at least they are now in.

Updated list for new Blink units at Ace Parking Aventine in the UTC area, Whole Foods Hillcrest, and also the Oceanside Transit Center...

Just a thought - are you checking to see that all these stations are ending up in plugshare.com and/or recargo.com?

Sometimes it's so nice to be able to visualize where all these charging stations are by looking at a map...

Back