How much do seat covers affect heated seats efficiency?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aedanna

Hi,

I have been looking at purchasing seat covers for my new 2012 Leaf SL. My car has the OEM heated seats. I am wondering if anyone has compared the the efficiency between having a seat cover versus no seat cover.

I like the Wet Okole seat covers, but I am concerned that they will make the factory heated seats much less useful. The covers are made of neoprene which is a good insulator, hence why the material is used in wetsuits. I also understand there is some padding attached to the neoprene seat cover as well. Does anyone have any experience or comparisons of how effective the seat heater is with and without a seat cover. Do you find you have the seat heater turned on high when you used to use low?

I am interested in any conversation comparing seat cover materials as well.

Thanks,
Tony

Hey Tony.

I am in the same mode as you, wanting to add seat cover, but the heated seats are great item to keep usable.

I was looking at carcoverplanet.com (I am NOT affiliated) and they list 2012 Leaf seat covers.

If I get them or if you find anything good, please post.

Thanks!

Back