Blink 2.0

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've now found out that after setting up timers on my blink I have to power cycle it to get them to work now. Release the damn 2.0 firmware!

I have the new 2.x firmware, and it's lost the most important feature: last charge kWh. All it gives you is a cost figure you can derive an approximate value from, but only approximate. Since it resets the stats, I can actually get the "first charge since upgrade" stats: $1.70 (@$0.12/kWh) comes to 14.17kWh, however the monthly summary says 14.467kWh. Not a happy camper here...

They must be trying to push out the new software. My Blink has now gone Blank. Does not sense plug-in or unplug anymore and reports nothing. Have not had a problem for 1.5 months until now.

garygid said:
Reboot your Blink by unplugging and re-plug?

I wouldn't do that unless you were 100% sure it was hung up...as in waited at least an hour. I don't know what the screen says when it's updating the firmware, but unplugging it is the last thing you want to do when it's in the middle of the update.

My Blink seems to have died. Came home a week ago to find the calibration screen showing but no response to touching the cross. Power-cycled to the same result. At this point, I've cycled it a few more times and left it for several days with no change except that sometimes, the location of the cross changes to a different corner of the screen. Also, there is no response on the web interface.

However, it continues to charge my Leaf reliably. (Probably more reliable since the CPU won't be inter interfering :lol: )

I don't know if this is related to trying to update to 2.0. I'll call Blink eventually.

Mine has been doing that since November. Blink does not want to send anyone out to fix it until after blink 2.0 rolls out as I guess they think that might fix it.

Just checked mine, it's running 2.0. Everything was reset, and just a tip, it also reset the password to the default password which is 'blinkadmin' (just so you don't have to go looking for the manual).

Got the email notification this afternoon re update in next few days. Main screen looked as usual when plugging in 15 mins. ago. Just went back to check. Yup, on 2.0 and charging ok so far.

Got 2.0 firmware, but the wireless connection still does not work (it worked in the past before with upgraded 1.8 firmware). Blink told me that new "2.0" could fix the wireless connection.

I tried my Blink for the first time with the new firmware 2.0. It worked and charged my LEAF to 10 bars (80%, timer in LEAF was used) as requested. What I noticed is that the display showed the amount of energy passed (12.2 kWh), which was about the same as what showed up on my Blink internet site (12.15 kWh). I don't recall seeing an energy display on the Blink screen with 1.8. Or am I just not observant? The font color on the screen was also different - showed green color.

It was too cold in the garage to play around with the display to see if anything else is different.

linkim said:
It was too cold in the garage to play around with the display to see if anything else is different.

If your local network connection is working, you can check it from your network connected computer by inputting the appropriate IP address (found on and password (default password is "blinkadmin" I believe). Unfortunately, on my unit, this function is causing errors (http error codes) since it upgraded to 2.0. It was working perfectly fine on 1.8 earlier.

Interesting. Mine updated about a week ago and that function is working fine for me, and I was able to change the password with no issues...

waitingforaleaf said:
If your local network connection is working, you can check it from your network connected computer by inputting the appropriate IP address (found on and password (default password is "blinkadmin" I believe). Unfortunately, on my unit, this function is causing errors (http error codes) since it upgraded to 2.0. It was working perfectly fine on 1.8 earlier.

At the end of January my Blink stopped showing my kWh usage and estimated cost. It seems it will still show the time interval for the charging. But something is flaky. My firmware version still shows L2R.1.8A.

I called into Blink. They indicated they didn't feel it was a big concern at this time and indicated the new firmware version was coming out and to basically hang tight and wait a little longer.

We unplugged the unit and the network seemed to be working okay after rebooting, but there has not been a transmission of data since the end of Jan. I feel there is somekind of failure, but am willing to wait. I was wondering if in preparation for the Blink Firmware 2.0 if something at their end is causing this.

The blink person also made is sound like the cost estimate display information needed to come back from their server in a two way communication with my Blink. Hmm.. I would think the kWh usage and estimate could all be calculated in the blink and displayed locally. It has been working good until now.

Anyone else with something similar.

Back