Blinks partially on the blink & SD card replacements

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnolddeleon

I've had a unit that stills charges the car but the "smarts" (using that word very loosely) has been busted for about 4 weeks now. I didn't notice it until the Blink people sent our their mass email about the 2.0 upgrade and that my unit will miss since it wasn't reporting. I had assumed it was crashing a lot but did not realize in this case it wasn't booting enough to be useful on the network. The unit will charge a car but none of the other features work and the screen is either black (but the backlight is on) or one the partially drawn screen when it crashes.

When I finally got around to calling Blink about it the person I talked recommended an SD card swap since my unit fell in a range that they thought had issues w/ bad SD cards. Over a week later I hadn't heard back from them so I called them today and found out they had stopped doing the card swaps until they make the 2.0 versions. I wasn't a little peeved that they had not sent out any notification about it. Apparently their phone support people got overwhelmed when they sent out the mass email (says something about the number of users having problem).

arnold

EdmondLeaf said:
is this about evse, blink?

Yes, it's about the about blinks on the blink which is why it was posted on the EVSE blink sub forum. I just realized that someone who is looking at the "active topics" list might not realize this. Time to edit the subject.

arnolddeleon said:
... the Blink people sent our their mass email about the 2.0 upgrade ...

I haven't seen this email or info on it. I'll be looking for it here on the forum, but would you be able to point me to some details? Last I heard, only a few were testing the 2.0 upgrade.

I believe that the original posts are found on the Blink 2.0 thread (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7020)

As far as I know, only the people who were originally on the beta program have been updated to the "non-beta" Blink 2.0

I haven't received a mass e-mail from Blink concerning the upgrade. I'm assuming it will be out shortly, but if the original beta testers are having problems with the latest version, then it will likely be delayed again.

As of Wed 1-25-2012 I no longer know anything about the Blink - the screen has gone to "always black" - and with the back light continuously on. Resetting ends up in the same state, and the touch screen does not respond. No beeps, no changes. So it is wasting more power while doing less.

I've received no email regarding changes to my Blink.

At least the Leaf is still charging (with its internal timer).

Update 2-17-2012: For a while, power-cycling fixed the display problem, but after a couple weeks even that didn't work. Today Ecotality came out and replaced the micro-SD card. Everthing is working normally again. Still on version 1.8.

Jim66 said:
As of Wed 1-25-2012 I no longer know anything about the Blink - the screen has gone to "always black" - and with the back light continuously on. Resetting ends up in the same state, and the touch screen does not respond. No beeps, no changes. So it is wasting more power while doing less.

I've received no email regarding changes to my Blink.

At least the Leaf is still charging (with its internal timer).

That's where mine is at except mine died earlier.

The mass mailing about 2.0 was apparently sent to owners that had units that were not reporting. They were telling people to make sure their systems connected to the network. I think they didn't realize so many of the units were actually broken.

arnold

I am still on software 1.8 as well. Earlier this week my Blink crashed even when I had not used it for about a week. I was out-of-town and the computer check of my Blink account indicated the charger was down. When I returned home to charge, I saw an orange screen with "Critical Error". This is the first time I have seen this error message, although I have seen others. Re-booting the Blink solved the problem, but irritating that such errors are still occurring. Should I expect anything better with Version 2.0? If not I can muddle along with 1.8. The only data I like to document from each charge session are the charge time and energy used.

Back