Auto Dim Rear view mirror with Homelink Part Number?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpd1

Greetings Leafers,

Due to pick up the wife's leaf late April but sadly here in the UK, despite £price being same than $price, somebody at Nissan felt compelled to omit the autodim rear view mirror :roll:
The UK model does have auto lights and wipers so the sensor is there and must have a 12V feed, should make the install real easy.
Few Nissan parts web stores sell OEM models with Homelink for various models but not for the leaf yet.
So 2 questions really:
1. does anybody know if I can get the Altima version in the Leaf, sounds to me it should work the only issue might be the connecting part from mirror to headliner?
2. Anybody have the Nissan part number for the Homelink mirror? Should be something like 999L1-XXXX
Thanks v much!

Hi Leafers,

Somebody at Nissan felt compelled to omit the autodim rear view mirror also for the Norwegian market. However does have auto lights and wipers as for the UK market.
Is there anyone out there who could assist in clarifying? Would also appreciate if someone could post some close up pic`s of the base mount and Mirror "Assembly"
I would be very grateful.

(SV/SL standard in US I`ve learned)

Thank you for any assistance. :D

KR
BNO

By strange coincidence, I have an extra auto-dim Homelink mirror.
I bought it (expensive!) for a car that was totalled before I installed it.

I'll dig it up and take some pictures.

Hi Guys
Would appreciate if someone could post some close up pic`s of the base mount and interior rear view mirror "Assembly" in order for me to define a work around a retrofit installation. Hence I view it feasible to accommodate this without stretching a cable pair from the fuse box.
I would be very grateful. Someone, please!

KR
BNO

Hi Dear Leafer,
Thank you so very much! I owe you one.... Sir, have heartfelt thanks for your help and a fantastic day! Regards Bjørn, Stavanger Norway!

bno said:
Hi Dear Leafer,
Thank you so very much! I owe you one.... Sir, have heartfelt thanks for your help and a fantastic day! Regards Bjørn, Stavanger Norway!

From the picture you can see that this is a regular "button mount" rear view mirror, the button are all the same size (so far), so you can use any button mount mirror to replace your's, you can get one from a Jeep, Prius, or a Nissan and it will fit and work (Think bone yard).

I bet if you look under the headliner you will find the 12 volt wire just waiting for you.

SmokeMaker said:
From the picture you can see that this is a regular "button mount" rear view mirror, the button are all the same size (so far), so you can use any button mount mirror to replace your's, you can get one from a Jeep, Prius, or a Nissan and it will fit and work (Think bone yard). I bet if you look under the headliner you will find the 12 volt wire just waiting for you.

Thank you very much for the info. and as such it should be pretty forward re- and mount the mirror(...)
and hopefully and crossing my crossing my fingers for a connection "waiting" to be used...:)

Have a nice day to you Sir!

Back