"Charge Stopped" emails

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have been getting some occasional emails from blink saying that the charging cycle has stopped. Seems like any time the Blink decides to reboot itself (randomly once a week or so it seems) it sends a mail. Today, when my wife left for work and unplugged it sent the mail. It should have been a full charge, technically the climate control would have come on around 7am, but she didn't leave until 8am so I figure it shouldn't have been pulling power through the EVSE at that time anyway.

Has anyone else started getting these emails periodically over the last month?

Oh, I also looked at the system log at 8:30pm last night (after receiving a "Charge Stopped" email which I assume was due to a reboot), and the latest entries were for 4:24am this morning, so the timestamp on the system log seems to be about 8 hours in the future of real time. Perhaps the system log is in GMT?

I've been receiving that stupid email for the last few weeks. I've programmed the Leaf's timer to charge after midnight to 80%. I haven't felt inspired enough to track down what's going on, whether it is sent after the 2 second charging when I plug it in or at the end of the charge time, instead I created an email filter to nuke those emails :)

There are threads on this topic. Please use the search tool and post in the exiting threads with similar topics. There are TOO many redundant thread topics. Here is an example:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EVDRIVER said:
There are threads on this topic. Please use the search tool and post in the exiting threads with similar topics. There are TOO many redundant thread topics. Here is an example:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, but that post you reference (and others that popped up when I did a search) were last updated in JUNE, and since this is relatively new behavior and not associated with "charging stopped vs charging complete" I figured I could start a new one. Very sorry to offend, I'll go quiet again and just lurk.

(after all, this IS segregated already into the blink sub-forum...)

Keep in mind that you can get multiple charge stopped emails on a 100% charge if the car finishes charging at least 2-3 hours before the timer expires (if set) as the car will top-balance the cells and then top the charge off.

Back