Making preheat easier: one click URL and physical button

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenBee

I always forget to start my preheat and I don't have a regular schedule. I also think the LEAF app is too slow/convulted for something simple. I started with the LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess github project that gets you a URL which can perform basic actions. Then I connected this big red button to an io-bridge which goes to that URL when you push it.

Tips: Don't forget to use a pull down resistor on the io-bridge digital input and calling the carwings API too many causes it to stop working. 

400713_10150651639907306_501837305_11853640_1577861615_n.jpg

Nice!

Are you in the US?
I never had any confirmation that my LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess code worked for US owners; I use the Canadian portal myself.

gboudreau said:
Nice!

Are you in the US?
I never had any confirmation that my LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess code worked for US owners; I use the Canadian portal myself.

Yes, yes it does! Thanks for making it and putting it out there. Only issue I had was my apache config not liking the lack of .php :)

QueenBee said:
Only issue I had was my apache config not liking the lack of .php :)
Maybe you forgot to copy the .htaccess file, or your Apache config didn't allow .htaccess override.
Ref: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AllowOverride FileInfo is required to allow the .htaccess file to define a ForceType for the PHP files without the .php extension.

QueenBee said:
I always forget to start my preheat and I don't have a regular schedule. I also think the LEAF app is too slow/convulted for something simple.

I'll agree with you there. It actually takes longer for me to use the app, login (again), request an update, and turn the climate control on, than it does to physically walk out to the car and turn it on there.

i love the "Easy" button (wondering what Staples is thinking about it?) but to be honest with ya, i use preheat from the droid app on my phone, only takes a minute to get it started most of the time. it does prompt me to log in most of the time, but user name/pw is stored so it press "ok" twice and then climate control tab then on.

but it would make an awesome conversation starter!!

Back