San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Kohls Store # 958 (2-L2's)
1870 Main Ct
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Looks like you'll be getting solar charged there - roof is covered with solar panels.

TonyWilliams said:
Ikea (3- L2's)
2149 Fenton Parkway
San Diego, CA 92108
Doesn't show up on Google maps yet, but this Ikea just installed 252 kW of solar PV in August: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/23/ikea-generates-solar-power-at-mission-valley-store/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Costco across the parking lot is also covered with PV...

Kohls has 2 new Blink L2's, which have already been tagged

Kohls Store # 958 (2-L2's)
1870 Main Ct
Chula Vista, CA 91911

e870e31d.jpg

Kohs

ff1ace4d.jpg

Ikea (3- L2's)
2149 Fenton Parkway
San Diego, CA 92108

4922ade8.jpg

March 2012 proposed DC quick chargers from EV Oasis:

Down the 5 freeway, from Orange County:

Residence Inn San Juan Capistrano
33711 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, California 92675
Hotel Opening Feb 2012

Whole Foods
687 S. Coast Highway
Encinitas, CA 92024
(760) 274-1580

Flower Hill
2720 Via de la Valle
Del Mar, CA

TonyWilliams said:
Ace Parking Lot
1246 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Tonight is the first time in weeks that the Blink app shows any charger available there. Now it shows 1 available and 2 in use. It showed 3 in use, night and day, for so long that I emailed Blink to ask whether their database was broken - with no response. I had thought this would be a good parking spot for downtown events, but I don't think I'd attempt it without a reservation feature such as Chargepoint has.

I have the Car2Go card, so I can hop in a car, move it away from the charger, and plug in the LEAF.

Then drive the Car2Go to the stadium and leave it anywhere (free parking with City permit) I can find a little room.

TonyWilliams said:
.............................................................snip
Residence Inn San Juan Capistrano
33711 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, California 92675
Hotel Opening Feb 2012 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
I'll be interesting to see how they manage to build a hotel where the existing SJC Nissan Dealer presently stands (L2 chargers and all) ... because the dealership doesn't plan to go away. :shock:
[edit] OH ! I see what they're doing: On Google street view, you can see they're building it directly south / across the street - meaning they'll juggle the addresses a bit to make it work.

On the bottom floor of the PS5 parking garage for California State University San Diego, corner of 55th Street and Montezuma Road.

$1 per hour parking fee plus whatever Blink charges. The beauty of this spot is so very government; the spot is marked EV only and Handicapped. The adjacent spot that a non-handicapped person might park in is not marked for EVs, so good luck there. I had to use the handicapped spot just to try it out.

c94deba7.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
On the bottom floor of the PS5 parking garage for California State University San Diego, corner of 55th Street and Montezuma Road.

$1 per hour parking fee plus whatever Blink charges. The beauty of this spot is so very government; the spot is marked EV only and Handicapped. The adjacent spot that a non-handicapped person might park in is not marked for EVs, so good luck there. I had to use the handicapped spot just to try it out.
Hi Tony,

If you'd looked to your left facing the charger there are FOUR more against the far wall which are not handicapped. :)

KMG365 said:
TonyWilliams said:

Hi Tony,

If you'd looked to your left facing the charger there are FOUR more against the far wall which are not handicapped. :)

96e5e693.jpg

derkraut said:
TonyWilliams said:
Ace Parking Lot
1246 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
$10.00 for "0 to 4hrs?" They gotta be joking, right? I can drive a Hummer cheaper than that. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Those are fairly typical parking prices in downtown San Diego without even getting a charge...

derkraut said:
$10.00 for "0 to 4hrs?" They gotta be joking, right? I can drive a Hummer cheaper than that. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
When I stopped by the PA Convention Center parking garage in center city Philadelphia to check out the 8 Coulumb Chargepoints, I was there for less than 2 hours and they charged me $17. Charging would have been free, but would still be $17 to park. Not out of line with what other garages are charging. My favorite place to park used to be the garage under Independence Mall. I'll see how long until they put in EVSEs

derkraut said:
TonyWilliams said:
Ace Parking Lot
1246 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101

That's just for parking; LEAFs and Hummers pay that $10. In addition, you'll eventually pay Blink for the charge.

It appears that Baker Electric has installed for Ecotality at SDSU in several parking structures; PS4, 5, 6, 8, and the Children's Center) as well as at Mesa Community College, City College and Miramar College.

TonyWilliams said:
derkraut said:
TonyWilliams said:
Ace Parking Lot
1246 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101

That's just for parking; LEAFs and Hummers pay that $10. In addition, you'll eventually pay Blink for the charge.

Thanks Tony; I guess that makes a bit more sense. :oops:

2 Chargepoint EVSEs at SeaWorld
500 Seaworld Drive
San Diego, California, 92109

In addition, Chargepoint has one as SDGE in Kearny Mesa that is private, one at Qualcomm (semi-private), and one at a McDonalds in (edit: Garnett Ave in Pacific Beach).

I've been to the Chargepoint station at the McDonalds on Garnet ave in PB. It's 120v, and attached to the support for the solar panels in the parking lot. You need your cordset to use it...

Back