Blink Firmware 1.8 - here's hoping

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beta version of 2.0 is now being tested by some of our members.

According to their reports (see the 2.0 thread) some relief is in sight, with a much improved system.

However, apparently the WiFi hardware remains a weak link.

Wish I could test 2.0. My 1.8 firmware has failed to charge three times (once or twice a week) since it was pushed to my Blink. A reboot of the Blink fixes it.

Plugged the BLINK thingy into my Leaf tonight and nothing happened! No charge status lights went on. The car is less than 4 weeks old but the level 1 EVSE which came with it works. So I don't know who's to blame on that one, but given the beta-ness of the charger (and it's firmware, I just checked that it's running v1.8) I wouldn't be surprised if it came from that side.
Anyone had a similar problem?

zevrulz said:
Plugged the BLINK thingy into my Leaf tonight and nothing happened!..
That's what I'm talkin' about! Unplug the short fat Blink power cord from the wall, wait half a minute or more, then plug it back in. In a minute or so you should be back to working... until next time.

DeaneG said:
That's what I'm talkin' about! Unplug the short fat Blink power cord from the wall, wait half a minute or more, then plug it back in. In a minute or so you should be back to working... until next time.
I just went through this exercise twice with a BLINK customer care rep on the phone. The unit was unplugged for 2 minutes each time, it didn't help. I'll leave it unplugged overnight and try again in the morning.

zevrulz said:
DeaneG said:
I just went through this exercise twice with a BLINK customer care rep on the phone. The unit was unplugged for 2 minutes each time, it didn't help. I'll leave it unplugged overnight and try again in the morning.

I had similar problems that may be due to a weak wireless connection. The Blink showed wi-fi was connected, but it didn't give any indication of signal strength. The solution to my problem was to use power line adapters and get away from wi-fi. Since then, no problems.

linkim said:
... The solution to my problem was to use power line adapters and get away from wi-fi. Since then, no problems.
Unfortunately, I have Enphase PV microinverters and a home automation system already using my AC lines for communication. I tried adding powerline ethernet to the mix and the result wasn't reliable. Maybe New Year's will bring me a WES610N 4-port dual band bridge.

zevrulz said:
DeaneG said:
Silly question: you did check the circuit breaker, right?

Back