OEM Rubber Mats in a 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

Here are a few shots or the rubber mats in a 2012

The passenger is slightly off due to the heater hump but it really in not an issue.

As you can see the crap on the driver side mat after a week!! You can imagine how the factory ones would be looking .

Attachments

• Leaf Mats Driver Front 2.JPG
    Leaf Mats Driver Front 2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Leaf Mats Driver Front.JPG
    Leaf Mats Driver Front.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 394
  • Leaf Mats Pasenger Front.JPG
    Leaf Mats Pasenger Front.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 394
Can't seem to find the thread now but in any case, it was a discussion that the '12's of course have this 'hump' for the battery pack heater that the '11's did not so that there was some concern that if one ordered an OEM mat for an '11 it would not fit as well -- these look OK but don't appear to allow for the changed floor shape -- just to be clear did you order these with the car (part of the original order) or afterwards? For now I'm going to simply transfer some old Weathertech mats from the car I'm trading in but may purchase something else later on (at a discount of course). The OEM ones look pretty good, except not much in the way of treads or grooves to hold the nasty salt and snow we get up in the midwest -- probably fine for most parts of the south and west. Also doesn't look like they cover the 'dead pedal' area?

No they aint weather tech but are soooo munch better than the stock mats.
As you said, they do not follow the contours but work fine I do not need to cope with the sand, snow mud as Florida is mainly a bit of dirt and the occational rain shower.

I ordered these before I got the car so I did not know about the hump. These are OEM 2011 as I do not believe as of writing this Nissan has made any for the 12's.

FYI - the Costco "Coverking" carpeted mats also do not fit on the passenger side due to the "heater hump" but otherwise are acceptable for the price. Driver's side does include 2 grommet holes.

redLEAF said:
Can't seem to find the thread now but in any case, it was a discussion that the '12's of course have this 'hump' for the battery pack heater that the '11's did not so that there was some concern that if one ordered an OEM mat for an '11 it would not fit as well --

The hump is ducting to get heat in the rear seats. It is not battery heaters, which are tiny and located in the battery pack enclosure, not the passenger compartment.

TonyWilliams said:
redLEAF said:
Can't seem to find the thread now but in any case, it was a discussion that the '12's of course have this 'hump' for the battery pack heater that the '11's did not so that there was some concern that if one ordered an OEM mat for an '11 it would not fit as well --

The hump is ducting to get heat in the rear seats. It is not battery heaters, which are tiny and located in the battery pack enclosure, not the passenger compartment.

Thanks for clarifying ... yet another minor advantage for a '12 over an '11 ?; the 'hump' doesn't really interfere with the front seat passenger but does it restrict rear passenger foot placement w/o the ducting? What is interesting is that we test drove a demo '11 and although I didn't notice, my son who road in back of both felt the seat is higher in our '12 , more 'stadium like' -- could be that front seat was raised on the '11 and don't think I changed anything on my '12 (other than the seat back angle, the seat height was fine).

kmp647 said:
Nissan should update this accessory to the 2012 cw equipped cars
there should be a new part # for the 2012 mats

I agree wholeheartedly. I just fired off a formal letter to Nissan of North America in TN regarding the need to release 2012 rubber mats for vehicles equipped with the cold weather package. I'll wait for a response.

On the flipside, now I'm wondering if the letter was worth it because, the passenger photos in an above post make the hump seem miniscule.

GREENEV said:
kmp647 said:
Nissan should update this accessory to the 2012 cw equipped cars
there should be a new part # for the 2012 mats

I agree wholeheartedly. I just fired off a formal letter to Nissan of North America in TN regarding the need to release 2012 rubber mats for vehicles equipped with the cold weather package. I'll wait for a response.

My 2012 with the CW came with original rubber mats from the dealer, so they do exist. More or less all cars in Norway come standard with rubber mats. Nothing else works well in winter.

I also use these rubber mats and they work really well for the snow and mud here; the slight fit problem on the front passenger side is trivial. The driver's side mat has holes that match the hooks on the car floor to keep the mat firmly in place. For $81 they are well worth it:

http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/leaf-accessories/leaf-interior/999E4-8X000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Use coupon code FREESHIP to get free shipping. Mine arrived via UPS.

Back