Wireless connection

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gmuzhik said:
How are you guys determining that the WiFi is not working? I thought mine was not working either by doing the network test option on the touch screen. It kept failing, so I called Blink who came out and their electrician installed a wired LAN connection. I retried the network test and it still fails! After three or four tries, it finally passes. This was similar to when I had only a WiFi connection. I tried my iPhone in the same location as the Blink to access the intranet connection to it and it accesses fine even though the network test option says fail. My conclusion, "Network Test" is suspect and in my case frequently gives a false "Fail" indication. Has anyone else noticed this anomaly?

I just switched to a wired connection and the network test fails 9 out of 10 times, way more than with wifi. Maybe the network test is buggy. Edit: The "device info" page shows the network is connected and that the Blink has an IP address, and my router shows the IP and mac address, so I do think the network test is buggy.

Twice in 2 weeks the Blink wouldn't charge at all (no faults or errors on the display, not even the daily 10am reboots would fix it, had to power cycle it and wait a few minutes). Blink support is blaming intermittent wifi. If the wired connection fixes it, great, if not, more ammo to get them to come fix or replace the unit.

I have a wired connection now (through powerline adapter) and it never fails on the network test..Also remarkably, the unit has been up for 20(!!!) days now and not a single crash/error/network failure.

If you type the IP adress of the blink in your browser (from anywhere with a connection to the local network), the blinks web-server should come up right away and should be responsive...If it does, your connection should work.

kballs said:
I just switched to a wired connection and the network test fails 9 out of 10 times, way more than with wifi. Maybe the network test is buggy. Edit: The "device info" page shows the network is connected and that the Blink has an IP address, and my router shows the IP and mac address, so I do think the network test is buggy.

Twice in 2 weeks the Blink wouldn't charge at all (no faults or errors on the display, not even the daily 10am reboots would fix it, had to power cycle it and wait a few minutes). Blink support is blaming intermittent wifi. If the wired connection fixes it, great, if not, more ammo to get them to come fix or replace the unit.
Switch to a static IP address. That seems to be the only sure path to networking success on Blink.

davewill said:
kballs said:

Switch to a static IP address. That seems to be the only sure path to networking success on Blink.

I call BS. Mine works fine with DHCP, the device info page always shows connected, I can always connect to it via web browser, the network test page just fails most of the time. I am connected remotely via web browser and went into the garage and did a network test and it failed, so the network test is broken.

msyuc said:
I added the following range extender in my garage and it solved all my connection problems immediately. It's a bit tricky to set up, but it only took me a few minutes to connect it through my router (linksys).

ERB9250 11N 300MB 11N Range Extender Removable Antenna 1 10/100
by EnGenius

Purchased on Amazon for less than $50.

I thought this might help. Maybe a lot easier than hard wiring your blink to your router.
I followed your lead and ordered the same thing and put it in the garage and now my Blink wifi can connect immediately. The interesting part is that I see 2 of the same SSID network name showing up on my Blink. I can only assume that one is from the router and the other one is from the range extender. So if you select the right one (the range extender), it'll connect. But if you select the wrong one (the router), it won't connect.

I paid $45 from Amazon with free shipping.

Before this, I use the Alfa Homeplug AV 200M model to connect through the home wiring and that worked fine, too. But now that I have the range extender (which I also use to get better signal in some other dead spots in my house), I no longer need to use the Alfa boxes.

Back