Blink Installation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryleaf

Helo. I am on the list to be approved for one of the Blink L2 chargers. What I was wondering is whether these are hard wired into the power panel, or is there an outlet that they are plugged into. I read the installation guide that I found on the internet, and it looks like it can be installed either way.

Also, does anyone have pictures of the installation, including pictures of the outlet (if it has one)?

Thanks,
David

The Blink EVSE can be installed as a plug in unit or hardwired. It seems to depend on the Building Code in your area or your Utility's requirements.
The plug used is a NEMA 6-50.
There are already pictures posted if you search this forum, possibly on the Wiki as well.

It also depends on if you are installing indoors or outdoors. Outdoors, it will always be a hard-wire.

Mine came out of the box with a plug-cord which as promptly removed for my outdoors hard-ware install.

DoxyLover said:
It also depends on if you are installing indoors or outdoors. Outdoors, it will always be a hard-wire.
Mine isn't. They built a waterproof connection box and put the plug inside that.

Packet said:
DoxyLover said:
Mine isn't. They built a waterproof connection box and put the plug inside that.
Could you post a pic? I'd like to see how they did it.

Back