Water pump issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, one of the apparently two water pumps present was replaced in my LEAF this week. The noise is gone! I no longer hear the thing running loudly all the time. (It was audible even from within the cabin while sitting at a light. Ah, so embarrassing... ;-)

One surprise to me is that I was told it is supposed to run all the time, but not at full tilt like mine started to do back in July (a couple months after I got the car) and everyday since -- regardless of ambient temp or how long since the car had been used or charged. So yes, the new one does run but it's very faint. I didn't remember it doing that, but now that I think about it... maybe it did.

Second surprise is that, when charging the car, it is louder but I don't think its as loud as it used to be when charging, even when I first got it. But hey, like I said, it's been running full tilt for many months (whenever powered up) so I don't trust my memory on that.

charlestonleafer said:
Mine makes noise every time I plug in. I thought it was normal? If your car makes fan noise every time you plug in, is that cause for concern?
No, that's normal. You need to dissipate the heat generated by charging.

Back