Custom rubber mats for Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
I received an email from them Friday that, at the present time, they have no plans to make them for the Leaf...

blorg said:
I'm also waiting for the Weathertech ones (submitted my request for them last week).

I gave up on Weathertech, they seem to be only interested in "mass produced" cars, so might be a couple of years for them to catch up. In the meantime I've been using OEM rubber mats and they work ok.

Not happy. I found a wonderful set of OEM all weather Nissan Leaf mats on ebay.com only to find out that the mats are not compatible with a Leaf with the cold weather package?

I don't understand? Why not?

Have any of you checked out these ones:

http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/leaf-accessories/leaf-interior/999E4-8X000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They look to be specifically for the Leaf and I've ordered from this website before (it's actually a dealer in the north-east). You can call them to ask but they look like a really good option that is very similar to WeatherTech.

GREENEV said:
Not happy. I found a wonderful set of OEM all weather Nissan Leaf mats on ebay.com only to find out that the mats are not compatible with a Leaf with the cold weather package?

I don't understand? Why not?
I installed the OEM all weather mats in my CWP equipped LEAF last week. The driver side fit perfectly, passenger side had a minor fitting issue, and the back seats fit as well as any other car I've had. They all look (and work) fine.

i have as well and love them here in Seattle. They are a snap to wash off and throw back in the car when washing the car. I save the carpet mats for nights out or showing the car off at events.

EricBayArea said:

http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/leaf-accessories/leaf-interior/999E4-8X000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They look to be specifically for the Leaf and I've ordered from this website before (it's actually a dealer in the north-east). You can call them to ask but they look like a really good option that is very similar to WeatherTech.

I have had my eye on those for a couple of months, and now that my LEAF is scheduled for delivery in two weeks, I ordered them today with free shipping.

EricBayArea said:

+1

I have had these mats installed for about 6 months. Work great. No issues.

It's been mentioned, but I'll repeat, don't forget to use the FREESHIP coupon code.

Happen to have the OEM rubber mat for my LEAF. Driven with my bare feet (slaps aren't safe to drive in), and find them perfect for my needs to keep clean and free of mud, dirt, leaves, etc.

What is the need for custom mattes? I could understand custom carpets, but like I said, other than cost, what is wrong with the Nissan rubber ones from the dealer?

WAIT!!!

I have a problem with the floor mats I bought for our LEAF.... they are advertised as for model 2011/2012, but the front passenger foot well is different from the 2011's.

There is a new "bump" at the rear of the well, about 6 inches long from the bottom to the top of the well and the mat does not fit correctly. I compared the demo at the dealership (a 2011) with ours and found the difference.

I contacted Marlborough Nissan (the nissanaccessories247.com people) and I'm waiting for a response. Let's see if they have the ones for 2012 or if they will issue a return authorization and refund my money.

EDIT: The "hump" is there because the 2012's have the battery warmer as part of the cold weather package. The seller is investigating if they can get these rubber mats for 2012's and we will do a swap. I don't want to have to return them as I really like the protection they offer.

EricBayArea said:

When I realized I forgot to order floor mats when reserving my car, I found and bought these online. They are perfect for me. I think it's a much better option than the carpeted version.

Thank you for this clairification. I heard about this from an ebay.com seller. The seller was or is auctioning off a brand new set of leaf rubber mats for non cold package LEAF's only.

Nissan really needs to get on the ball with updating the rubber floor mats.

amtoro said:
WAIT!!!

I have a problem with the floor mats I bought for our LEAF.... they are advertised as for model 2011/2012, but the front passenger foot well is different from the 2011's.

There is a new "bump" at the rear of the well, about 6 inches long from the bottom to the top of the well and the mat does not fit correctly. I compared the demo at the dealership (a 2011) with ours and found the difference.

I contacted Marlborough Nissan (the nissanaccessories247.com people) and I'm waiting for a response. Let's see if they have the ones for 2012 or if they will issue a return authorization and refund my money.

EDIT: The "hump" is there because the 2012's have the battery warmer as part of the cold weather package. The seller is investigating if they can get these rubber mats for 2012's and we will do a swap. I don't want to have to return them as I really like the protection they offer.

The guys at nissanaccessories247.com said they talked to the Nissan rep and the word is that there are no 2012-specific rubber floor mats to date and there is no ETA. I think nissan really dropped the ball on this as all of their LEAFs now come with cold weather package which makes this kit obsolete.

I really like the mats, and will keep an eye out for the 2012 MY version. For now, Marlborough Nissan will take them back and refund my money. :cry:

Just submitted a formal letter to Nissan of North America regarding the LEAF with cold weather package all weather mats.

Here it is:

January 9, 2012

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

Subject: LEAF All Weather Mats

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in reference to the availability of all weather mats for the 2012 Nissan LEAF equipped w/ Cold Weather Package.

Unfortunately, our local Nissan dealer parts department hasn’t received any information on the availability of the mats.

The all weather mats are very beneficial to us, especially for residents of Colorado.

Can Nissan please provide an honest and realistic time frame about the official release of the all weather mats for the LEAF equipped with the cold weather package?

If others have the time to write a letter or call Nissan, the mats will get produced. No doubt.

GREENEV said:
Just submitted a formal letter to Nissan of North America regarding the LEAF with cold weather package all weather mats.

What's the difference between the CWP that makes the existing all weather mats not work?

Per http://www.nissanaccessories247.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
Due to the cold weather package in the 2012, the passanger side floor mat will not fit perfectly.

From what I understand there is some sort of hump or notch on the passenger side floor.

Back