EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT said:
It's no longer in production. I believe the list is only intended to reflect those vehicles that are in or will likely be in production.
Caracalover said:
Wny no Tesla roadster? It was the first, and should get a nod.
It's supposed to be in production thru 2011 with sales continuing into 2012, right?

Tesla intends to sell the current version of the Roadster until early 2012, when its supply of Lotus Elise gliders that are used to build it is expected to run out, as its contract with Lotus Cars for 2,500 gliders expires at the end of 2011.

So, yes, I guess you could say that it IS technically still in production.

AndyH said:
TomT said:
It's no longer in production. I believe the list is only intended to reflect those vehicles that are in or will likely be in production.
Caracalover said:
Wny no Tesla roadster? It was the first, and should get a nod.
It's supposed to be in production thru 2011 with sales continuing into 2012, right?

JRP3 said:
At this point I think they are just selling off inventory.

Tesla had a factory rep (and a latest model) at our EarthDay presentations this year where I work. At the time they said they were going to produce some 80 more Roadsters, and that would be the end of production. That jives well with what others here have said, so my guess is production ends when they run out of stock to produce any more.

You can add the Honda Fit although it will be lease only and very limited availability.

MSRP: $36,625 ($399 per month)
available: summer 2012
seating: 5
range: 76 miles
Battery: 20 kWh
Motor: 92 kW (123 HP)

Don't have the other specs but the exterior dimensions should be the same as the regular Fit.

I recently saw Musk interviewed by Charlie Rose on PBS stating that the first Tesla Model S cars would be delivered in July 2012. A bit latter than what has been said.

muus said:
You can add the Honda Fit although it will be lease only and very limited availability.

MSRP does not really mean anything when one can only lease if you ask me. MSRP however is used for registration fess and possibly insurance rates if they are not included with the lease. If the Fit was added to the chart not sure the best way to price it. I find it sad that we are fast approaching 2012 and Honda is doing pretty much the same thing they did in 1997 from my perspective.

Perhaps you could add charge rate, and method(s) to the chart?

Do I understand correctly, that Toyota and Honda build CHAdeMO port cars for Japan, but will have no DC charge ports on the few US market BEV Rav4s and BEV Fits, that they plan to sell?

You have to wonder what underlies this decision...

muus said:

available: summer 2012
seating: 5
range: 76 miles
Battery: 20 kWh
Motor: 92 kW (123 HP)

Don't have the other specs but the exterior dimensions should be the same as the regular Fit.

I was wondering whether to add this or not. Available only in 2 states - only for lease. If we consider this - BMW Active-E & Smart EV should also be added. May be I'll have a separate table for CARB play EVs :lol:

evnow said:
I was wondering whether to add this or not. Available only in 2 states - only for lease. If we consider this - BMW Active-E & Smart EV should also be added. May be I'll have a separate table for CARB play EVs :lol:
Since it is available in Oregon that would simply mean two EV enthusiastic states with varying weather. Good test. Plus "East Coast in early 2013". You must have a macro writen to put in the text "CARB play" ... it probably has saved you a lot of key strokes over the months <grin>. Yes, I know you could recommend some macro usage for me too <g>.

http://automobiles.honda.com/fit-ev/?SP_RID=MjQ5MzExOTM3OTgS1&SP_MID=3772704&PROGRAMID=RPNEWS&CAMPAIGNCODE=AT3426&OFFERCODE=AT3426&CELLCODE=FV&PID=A58786451&FROM=EMAIL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
above link said:
The news is electric: on November 16th, the Fit EV was officially unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show. This 100% electric Fit features an estimated city range of 123 miles[1] and a charge time of approximately three hours using a 240-volt circuit. The Fit EV's MSRP[2] is $36,625. A monthly lease payment is estimated around $399 in select California and Oregon markets in the summer of 2012, and on the East Coast in early 2013. With seating for five and absolutely zero gas or emissions, the Fit EV is the perfect accomplice for urban expeditions.

Footnote: [3] MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, dealer fees, an estimated $770 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.

scottf200 said:
Since it is available in Oregon that would simply mean two EV enthusiastic states with varying weather. Good test. Plus "East Coast in early 2013". You must have a macro writen to put in the text "CARB play" ... it probably has saved you a lot of key strokes over the months <grin>.
They may always sell in a couple of more states - like Mini-E was sold in NY.

Afterall they aren't selling in the second largest Leaf market - WA. Anything that doesn't sell in my state is automatically a CARB play :mrgreen:

evnow said:
Updated the chart with new numbers for Focus EV, Energi & Model S.
Thanks for keeping this updated. I posted it on GM volt too (ie. just mentioned the graphic was updated)

[edit]Correction ... I thought the picture was static (same name) so I just mentioned it was updated. Since it was not I updated your (evnow) post on gm volt with the new picture just as full disclosure.[/edit]

scottf200 said:
[edit]Correction ... I thought the picture was static (same name) so I just mentioned it was updated. Since it was not I updated your (evnow) post on gm volt with the new picture just as full disclosure.[/edit]
Google doesn't allow me to update the image, I've to always add a new image and replace the links - unless I'm missing something.

evnow said:
Here is the table comparing dimensions and some other specs of all EVs/PHEVs in the US market (or that will be). I'll add more info as they are released. ... Lat updated : 1/9/12
Please consider a larger picture or a link to a larger one. That was is really hard to read on some screens sizes and settings.

Back